Quality Control Superintendent
Home Chef, 6901 W 65th St, Bedford Park, IL 60638 (Bedford Park Plant)
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
Reporting & Planning
- Monitor daily and weekly responsibilities for QC Supervisors, QC Associates and Leads, making sure there are appropriate resources to cover all activities
- Responsible for the development of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual schedules
- Responsible for Quality Labor Optimization at the site
- Oversee the preparation of the QC Supervisor Recap; document any issues and work with the FSQA Manager, Food Safety Specialist and Quality Management Specialist for resolution
- Ensures all necessary documentation for incident reporting is completed
- Implement and oversee all Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensures all necessary documentation of quality control checks are completed
- Lead core Quality Control functions including portioning, meal bagging, and final box verification, managing work assignments across shifts and developing a team of Supervisors, Leads and Associates
- Partner with Corporate Operations Analytics Manager on development, implementation and training for new Quality Control applications
- Partner with Procurement and Warehouse teams to ensure incoming products are inspected per supplier quality receiving SOP
- Oversee training programming for QC, holding Training Lead accountable for delivering all components of the QC Associate Training program to new QC Associates
- Train, coach and empower QC Supervisor, Quality Associates and Leads
- Lead performance review and corrective action meetings for QC Supervisor, QC Associates and Leads
Attitude and Attendance
- Arrives to work at scheduled time and follows time off request procedure
- Communicates with co-workers in a professional manner
- Treats co-workers with respect at all times
- Employs effective teamwork skills to collaborate with Production
- Follow the facility GMPs and help enforce them throughout the facility
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum Associate’s degree
- 3+ years experience in quality assurance, food safety, food distribution, food manufacturing, supply chain or related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English is required and fluency Spanish preferred.
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast environment without a lot of structure and/or supervision
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks/priorities
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience required with at least 2 years successfully managing multiple shifts and/or departments
- Ability to use, maintenance, and interpret results of laboratory and quality equipment and instrumentation
- Previous experience with GFSI, FDA, and USDA inspections, programs, and expectations
- Certifications: SQF, PCQI, HACCP, and ServeSafe Manager at time of hire or within 6 months of position
- Must be able to attain ServSafe Manager certification within 30 days of hire
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Temperature: Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F)
- Equipment: Employees must be able to use the following equipment:
- Laboratory and quality equipment and instrumentation
- Computer and related software
- Automated and manual filling and weighing equipment.
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Burlingame, CA