Warehouse Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Home Chef, 6901 W 65th St, Bedford Park, IL 60638 (Bedford Park Plant)
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
- Works with leads, receivers, and warehouse associates to monitor receiving activities to ensure accuracy, integrity of product and dock maintenance are all kept up to company standards.
- Ensures issues with facility spaces or powered industrial trucks are escalated to Maintenance team via established reporting systems.
- Responsible for WMS compliance of team at receipt through the putaway to storage process.
- Ensures all receiving processes are completed in accordance with SOP. Must be able to adapt plans and communicate effectively to the team ad hoc changes or directives that are not outlined in an SOP.
- Communicates any variances or issues immediately to the team and all stakeholders affected. Establishes a clear follow up timeline for root cause analysis. Ensures retraining and additional communication are conducted as needed.
- Conducts audits of receiving and putaway processes to ensure accuracy and compliance of execution metrics. Provides immediate feedback to team members to promote growth and development
- Assesses efficiency of receiving activities and works with receivers and putaway team to improve efficiency and workflow when tasks are not being completed at expected pace
Issuing Product to Production:
- Familiarizes themselves with all trackers and inventory items to be able to verify production needs and provide guidance to team on correct product.
- Stays abreast of e-mails and other forms of communication directing changes to products required for production as a result of product shorts, delivery delays, or quality issues. Supervisor is expected to communicate to warehouse team in a timely manner to preclude errors or production stops.
- Ensures warehouse drop list is utilized to pull product for the production floor.
- Ensures product is placed in the correct quantity and location on floor.
- Upholds standard procedures for staging product in coolers and freezers when applicable.
- Must be able to read boxing call-out sheet and distinguish which meats are assigned to meals to clarify for the team and audit processes.
- Works with warehouse lead to ensure team is making progress against task list.
- Works in collaboration with production management to problem solve when warehouse team responsibilities impact production efficiency.
- Conducts end of shift walkthrough to make sure that end of shift clean up duties have been completed and that all items are returned to the designated locations by assignment and temperature before leaving for the day. This requires a recap to be documented and communicated to all of the warehouse team.
- Conducts check of pallet shipping sheet and the admin shipping list to verify documentation for cases shipped has been properly completed and all cases scanned in facility.
- Coordinates with logistics provider to manage pick-ups.
- Ensures standard processes for tagging, storage, and loading of outbound pallets are followed.
- Verifies all special out-bounds, such as transfers, to ensure accuracy of load.
- Audits load sheets completed by the loaders to ensure accuracy.
- Communicates all doors remaining for pick up per recap and/or dock log. Ensures all corresponding BOLs are completed and left for the oncoming shift.
- Logs all trailers pick up in pallet shipping sheet and ensures uploaded to file for reference.
- Works with inventory team to coordinate end of week and end of month physical inventories.
- Assists with investigating cycle count discrepancies in partnership with inventory team.
- Responsible for devising ways to optimize putaway procedures to reduce lost pallets and increase accuracy of inventory counts.
Supervision of Warehouse Personnel:
- Adheres to safety related procedures and works with associates to create “safety first” work environment Develops an environment that is conducive to teamwork and collaboration.
- Communicates job expectations clearly and builds departmental standards for performance.
- Lives the Home Chef Values and models our Home Chef Competencies.
- Manages attendance reports and follows up on assigned points and coaching.
- Conducts rotational check-ins with all members of warehouse team to ensure all team members are progressing against task lists and communicated expectations of performance.
- Works with team leads and associates to problem solve when issues arise.
- Ensures that immediate and long term solutions are put in place to preclude future occurrences.
- Escalate the issue and resolution to idea share with other shifts and other plants.
- Ensures all warehouse associates have been properly trained to safely move materials within the facility. Expected to audit the team during daily interactions and floor presence.
- Ensures all warehouse associates have been properly trained in standard operating procedures for the warehouse department.
- Audits the P.I.T. checklists for the department to ensure that all equipment being used has had a pre-shift operational check.
- Conducts performance evaluations for warehouse leads and associates in a detailed and timely manner.
- Coaches through positive reinforcement or constructive feedback as necessary and maintains record of all coaching actions.
- Develops team leads to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned team members.
- Works with warehouse manager to manage scheduling and time off requests.
Communication and Coordination:
- Manages coordination with other departments for scheduled deliveries, pick-ups, and any discrepancies of these that could negatively impact our ability to meet customer deliveries.
- Serves as shift level point of contact for logistics providers and other departments.
- Executes shift handoff, communicating with both warehouse team and other departments.
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and promotes continuous improvement within the department and the company.
- Follows the facility GMPs and Thishelps enforce them throughout the facility
- Supports the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer proficiency to execute transactions and enter counts/corrections required Ability to use handheld data logging equipment required
- Must have Supervised at least 10-15 employees.
- Must have 2+ years of warehouse experience in a leadership role
- 5S and lean manufacturing principles highly desired.
- Temperature: Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F- ~-10⁰F)
- Lifting: Must be able to lift 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects
- Frequent reaching, standing, walking, and lifting required
Equipment: Employees must be familiar with and become certified to use all P.I.T. equipment utilized at the facility within 90 days of employment . Current equipment in our inventory include but are not limited to the following:
- Forklifts (Stand up / Reach Truck)
- Electric pallet jack
- Manual pallet jack
- Ride on pallet jack
- Stock picker
- Stacker electric pallet jack
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.