Home Chef, 2200 Lithonia Industrial Blvd. Lithonia, GA 30058
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
- Coach, train and develop FSQA personnel to drive a higher performance level
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring that all FSQA personnel are properly trained to perform job function, as well as possess and in-depth knowledge of food safety and quality principles
- Manage FSQA department staffing in alignment with budget
- Support the development of a talent pipeline for FSQA at the site level
- Partner effectively with other departments to improve food safety and quality
Site FSQA Projects and Priorities
- Lead the FSQA agenda at the site, challenging facility management team where necessary to ensure wholesome products that meet the regulatory requirements
- Lead and support Home Chef and SQF standards implementation at the site and drive the appropriate FSQA mindset and behavior
- Sustain efficient food safety and quality management system, in compliance to SQF, FDA, and Home Chef standards, including CAPA and training programs.
- Manage Food Safety and Quality incident, supporting decision making for out of specification materials and products, ensuring that relevant corrective and preventive actions are defined and implemented.
- Accountable for site FSQA review and approval of new products, FSQA risk assessments and change management
- Serve as on-site point person for all regulatory and third party inspections; partners with the plant management team to develop necessary corrective and preventive action plans
Strategy for improvement of FSQA objectives
- Lead FSQA Strategy Deployment at the site, delivering against key metrics reflected in the company business objectives
- Utilize internal and external (customer reported) quality data to identify and execute improvement opportunities for FSQA Department and entire plant team
- Collaborate with Production, Warehouse, Continuous Improvement, and other departments to identify and implement initiatives to improve the customer experience (reduce errors)
- Perform key metric, incidents and Continuous Improvement reviews to ensure transparency at management level and coordinate site CAPA activities
- Represent FSQA function on the Site Management Team.
- Follow the facility GMPs and help enforce policies throughout the facility
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 7-10 years experience in quality assurance, food safety, food distribution, food manufacturing, supply chain or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, food technology, microbiology, or related field preferred or 10+ years in food safety and quality assurance with a proven track record of success
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast environment without a lot of structure and/or supervision
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks/priorities
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience required with at least 3 years successfully managing multiple shifts and/or departments
- Previous experience with GFSI, FDA, and USDA inspections, programs, and expectations
- Certifications: SQF, PCQI, HACCP, and ServeSafe Manager at time of hire or within 6 months of position
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F)
Equipment: Employees must be able to use the following equipment:
- Laboratory and quality equipment and instrumentation
- Computer and related software (Google, MS Office, inventory management, etc.)
- Automated and manual filling and weighing equipment.
- Sedentary (Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and or carrying small items)
- Light (Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds)
- Medium (Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds)
- Heavy (Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds)
- Very heavy (Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more)
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Burlingame, CA
Bulk Handling Systems
Electrical Controls Technician / Controls Engineer - Nashville, TN
Bulk Handling Systems, Bulk Handling Systems