Home Chef, 2200 Lithonia Industrial Blvd. Lithonia, GA 30058
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
Daily Production Management:
- Oversees and monitors the day-to-day operations of the entire production team (to include work flow, management of work in process, job assignments, staffing, etc.) and ensures a smooth flow and efficient production.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all support departments including maintenance, sanitation, quality assurance and other departments that support the anticipation, communication and resolution of issues related to plant production and performance.
- Reviews production reports and requirements to ensure proactive preparation for daily and future production challenges.
- Actively anticipates issues impacting production and troubleshoots in advance
- Ensures the quality, quantity and integrity of all raw materials; works with applicable corporate staff to ensure same.
Facility Organization & Management:
- Sets a high standard for facility organization and hold team accountable for maintaining a “clean, clear, and organized plan” per the Home Chef values
- Promotes a strong and healthy/safety culture via compliance with policies, procedures and regulations which ensures that a safe work environment is maintained for all employees/customers. (This includes participation in safety-related training, incident reviews and corrective actions and continuous improvement through safety audits and suggestions for improvement.)
- Demonstrates working knowledge of inventory management best practices
- Oversees WMS implementation within the plant and serves as a champion for the system
- Dives adoption of new tools and technologies across all departments and levels
Management to KPIs:
- Responsible for the development and administration of plant-related budgets and authorization of associated expenditures.
- Owns the financial performance of the plant week over week and exhibits detailed understanding of cost drivers
- Manages to weekly and quarterly KPI targets, exhibiting an ability to develop and implement a plan of action to improve KPIs
Continuous Improvement & Change Management:
- Implements plans to correct and resolve any problems that are identified, determine the “root cause” and oversee specific corrective action(s) for continuous improvement.
- Partners with Home Chef Continuous improvement team to ensure successful rollout of continuous improvement initiatives
- Holds team to a high standard for adherence to standard operating procedures and demonstrates initiative in identifying and implementing changes to improve workflow and standard processes
People Development & Culture:
- Provides coaching, mentoring and development that enables and optimizes the team’s effectiveness. Establishes, monitors and reviews individual and team performance.
- Behaves in accordance with Home Chef’s “Customer First” core value and drives “Customer First” behavior on the floor
- Schedules and leads weekly meetings with both leadership and larger plant team to communicate previous performance, upcoming goals, and other relevant information
- Supports and enables positive employee relations-i.e. fair treatment and respect for all employees. Works with HR to address employee concerns/requests in a timely manner.
- With guidance from HR, initiates employee discipline and corrective actions, as required and consistent with company policies and in compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Assists in talent management processes (i.e. recruitment for department leads and other company positions (as deemed applicable), recommendation of merit increases, promotions, etc.)
- Follow the facility GMPs and help enforce them throughout the facility
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 5+ years of plant experience (preferably within the food industry). Start- up experience or experience with a fast-growing company is desired.
- Experience owning and improving KPIs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example
- Strong decision-making and people management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and large scale applications)Ability to manage multiple expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.