Home Chef, 433 W Van Buren St, Chicago, IL 60607 (Downtown)
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
- Convert business requests to code and frameworks
- Build ingestion, cleaning, and transformation jobs to create a useful integrated data warehouse
- Create processes to ensure data quality and cleanliness throughout pipeline
- Utilize business intelligence tools (such as Looker) to provide business teams with more self-serve reporting and visualization
- Support non-technical teams with more advanced analytics as necessary
- Take manual data processes today and productionalize them as necessary
- Engage across the organization to truly understand data needs and opportunities
- Ensure business teams can effectively utilize our data model and are aware of trade-offs, gotchas, etc.
- Communicate progress and gather feedback on projects with the business
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Experience utilizing SQL required
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience querying and transforming data programmatically
- Deep understanding of the various ways business departments utilize data in decision-making
- Comfortable leading discussions with non-technical stakeholders on data topics
- Organized both in terms of work management and written code
- Can effectively problem-solve and get to the root cause when troubleshooting issues
- Extremely detail oriented and discerning when it comes to both the data and code
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.