Home Chef, 6901 W 65th St, Bedford Park, IL 60638 (Bedford Park Plant)
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
Implements Health and Safety, Policies, Programs, and Systems:
- Establishes the strategy for the development and sustainability of the safety culture in the plant.
- Assists with drafting and leads implementation of all health and safety policies.
- Oversees implementation of internal OSHA compliance program, including internal assessments, corrective actions, and coaching.
- Implements and maintains the behavioral observation program and is responsible for conducting observations to ensure all safety specific policies are being followed (e.g. lockout tag-out, PIT operation, fall protection, etc.) under the direction of the site’s Plant Manager and the National Safety Manager.
- Manages communication and roll out for all new policies, ensuring all impacted employees are informed and understand expectations.
- Uses safety metrics to drive both the short term and long-term safety strategy for the plant.
- Partners with plant and national training resources to ensure all required safety training is conducted for new hires and annual re-training for existing employees.
- Maintains all records pertaining to the licensing of Powered Industrial Trucks including conducting observations of understanding for all users prior to licensing or relicensing.
- Conducts periodic review of temp agency safety trainings to ensure compliance.
Identifies and Leads Safety Team:
- Builds and mentors Safety Team of 6-7 people per shift representative across departments and positions (e.g. associates, leads, supervisors).
- Plans and conducts regular safety meetings (at least monthly) with safety team to discuss safety issues and provide targeted training to team members.
- Ensures issues discussed in the safety meetings are adequately communicated to all members of the Home Chef Team.
- Holds safety team members accountable for escalating safety issues identified by any member of the Home Chef team.
- Promotes employee engagement in the Safety process.
- Participates in corporate safety team to share best practices across Home Chef plants.
Incident Support and Assists with Root Causes Analyses in Response to Safety Incidents:
- Responsible for 24/7 on-call coverage as an escalation point and resource for addressing safety incidents in the plant.
- Partners with plant leadership on all near miss and recordable incident investigations and has oversight over the triaging of individuals as dictated by the situation at hand.
- Leads Incident Review Board (IRB) meetings with the plant leadership team to conduct root cause analyses on all safety incidents and determine corrective and preventive actions to manage and prevent future incidents.
- Serves as liaison between management and maintenance in execution of action items related to safety.
- Partners closely with Human Resources to effectively manage worker compensation by coordinating doctors visits, determining time off requirements, and setting and communicating any physical limitations upon the employee’s return to work.
- Has constant communication with injured associates, Workers Comp adjuster/s and medical facilities.
- Conducts research to help with the creation of job safety analysis (JSAs) processes plant-wide.
Coordinates and Executes Emergency Drills:
- Coordinates emergency drills (e.g. fire drills, inclement weather drills, earthquake drills [CA], chemical exposure drills [ATL & SB]) to maintain readiness for reasonably predictable scenarios.
- Ensures all required drills are conducted annually for each shift.
- Maintains proper documentation of all emergency drills performed.
- Leads the annual site Fire Department walk through
- Follow the facility GMPs and lead by example as a member of the site leadership team.
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 5+ years’ experience in safety.
- A bachelor's degree in environmental or occupational safety & health or related field is desired.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite or G Suite, specifically PowerPoint/ Google Slides and Excel/ Google Sheets.
- Ability to prioritize, meet strict deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.