Warehouse Supervisor - Split Shift
Home Chef, 1445 S. Tippecanoe Ave. San Bernardino, CA 92408
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers assigned to receiving dock
- Oversees receiving activities to ensure accuracy, integrity of product and dock maintenance are all kept up to company standards.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Responsible for training and helping team to effectively use the ERP system.
- Ensures all Receiving processes are completed in accordance to SOP's and communicate any variances or issues.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately depict material received.
- Supervise personnel as assigned for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the workforce and meeting shift requirements
- Maintain various records, schedules, receiving spreadsheets, loading spreadsheets and, inventory spreadsheets for the purpose of documenting and providing reliable information
Issuing Product to Production
- Ensures product is stored and placed in the correct quantity and location on floor
- Upholds standard procedures for staging product in coolers and freezers when applicable
- Trains all team members to read boxing call-out sheet and distinguish which meats are being utilized for shipping week
- Makes sure team is making progress against daily task list
- Escalates issues to supervisor level 2 or manager when warehouse progress against tasks list is proceeding at a slower than expected rate or is at risk of causing a halt in production
- Works with team to complete end of shift clean up duties, ensuring all product that needs to be removed from the floor is put back in the correct freezer, cooler, or ambient location
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers assigned to outbound shipping
- Ensures that cases shipped are verified against pertinent documentation (pallet shipping sheet/load diagram)
- Follows proper procedures for tagging, storage, and loading of outbound pallets
- Trains team members of standard procedures for tagging, storage, and loading of outbound pallets
- Provides accurate, current inventory data for purchasing decisions
- Supervises and coordinates the taking of weekly and monthly physical inventories
- Investigates, identifies and reconciles the cycle count discrepancies, i.e., shortages as well as overages
- Provides recommendations on ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- In charge of overseeing work performed by department personnel
- Responsible for product quality and quantity immediately after receiving processes have been completed
- Responsible for attending conference calls with corporate packaging team and to give feedback on usage and overall process improvements
Supervision of Warehouse Personnel
- Develops a teamwork environment
- Communicates job expectations and builds departmental standards for performance
- Lives the Home Chef Values of Customer First and Best-in-Class team
- Adheres to safety related procedures and works with associates to create “safety first” work environment
- Trains warehouse associates on standard procedures
- Trains warehouse associates on safe operation of material handling equipment
- Collects the MHE checklists for shift to ensure that all equipment being used has had a pre-shift operational check
- Manages hour by hour performance of team against daily task list
- Ensures each activity he or she is overseeing is completed to standard
- Provides on the floor coaching to warehouse associates; initiates disciplinary actions when needed
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a leadership role
- Must have warehouse leadership experience in shipping, receiving, or inventory
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word.
- Computer proficiency to execute transactions and enter counts/corrections required
- Ability to use handheld data logging equipment required
- 5S and lean manufacturing principles highly desired.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Temperature: Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F- ~-10⁰F)
- Equipment: Employees must be able to use the following equipment: E.g. forklift, Electric pallet jack, Manual pallet jack
- Lifting: Must be able to lift 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects
- Frequent reaching, standing, walking, and lifting required
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.