Sanitation Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Home Chef, 1445 S. Tippecanoe Ave. San Bernardino, CA 92408
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
Training, Coaching and Culture
- Develops a team of Leads and Associates on their assigned team through training on all SOPs and actively coaches when SOPs are not executed
- Facilitates and leads Sanitation huddles with assigned team to communicate safety topics, sanitation plans, GMPs and changes to processes
- Works with their leads to help them better motivate and coach their assigned team of associates
- Coaches and works with leads on problem solving as obstacles impacting sanitation pace, safety, quality, or planned activities arise
- Manages conflict among employees on their assigned team as needed, but escalates more serious issues to the Sanitation Superintendent
- Responsible for maintaining employee relationships for the assigned team including interviewing, hiring, coaching, performance management, disciplining, and training
- Cultivates culture of mutual respect and demonstrates a “Safety First, Quality Always” mentality
- Is approachable and collaborative with all hourly sanitation associates and leads, especially their team
- Plans, manages and directs shift sanitation operations per Master Sanitation Schedule, Sanitation policies and programs, and regulatory requirements, ensuring all plant equipment is clean and safe for production.
- Ensures all sanitation employees are employing appropriate personal protective equipment and are operating safely
- Coordinates the sanitation plan with production and quality to ensure cleaning tasks are completed adequately and on time.
- Develops SSOP’s for the equipment and plant structures as necessary.
- Assists the Sanitation Superintendent in managing the inventory of sanitation supplies.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions, reports findings to Sanitation Superintendent and proposes and executes solutions.
- Ensures all necessary documentation of the Sanitation Program is completed.
- Performs activities of workers supervised
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Leads by example and embodies Home Chef values of Customer First, Best-in-Class Team, Ownership, Pursue Excellence, and Deliver Happiness and Home Chef behaviors of Humble Team-Player, Pragmatic Next-Level Thinker and Take Ownership.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Sanitation Superintendent and Home Chef Operations Team, across other departments (production, warehouse, maintenance, HR, and procurement), and within the FSQA team.
- Follow the facility GMP and Safety Standard and help enforce them throughout the facility
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
- 1+ years experience in a food manufacturing environment
- 2+ years previous sanitation supervisory experience
- Experience in developing team members through both leading and managing
- Must possess strong leadership, organizational, and planning skills
- Previous experience with GFSI, SQF, FDA and USDA audits, preferred
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!