Food Safety and Quality Assurance Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Home Chef, 1445 S. Tippecanoe Ave. San Bernardino, CA 92408
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
Reporting & Planning:
- Assign daily and weekly responsibilities for QC Techs and Leads, making sure there are appropriate resources to cover all activities.
- Assist FSQA Superintendent with development of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual schedules.
- Create FSQA Supervisor Recap; document any issues and work with the FSQA Superintendent for resolution.
- Oversee core Quality functions including portioning, meal bagging, and final box verification, working closely with Leads and Associates to help monitor work and resolve any issues.
- Support communications with Production Management regarding any process that does not meet the standard requirements, and work together with necessary parties (e.g., Production Management, Production Team Leads, Production Associates, QC Superintendents and QC Associates) to resolve issues.
- Conduct GMP audits and notify production management of violations; work with Production to resolve any issues.
- Issues correct Quality samples to production team leads/production associates prior to production.
- Perform daily, weekly, and/or monthly tasks as assigned by FSQA Superintendent and/or FSQA Leadership including, but not limited to: Allergen Validation, GMP Audits, Metal Detection Verification, Environmental Monitoring Swabbing.
- Hold team members and cross-functional partners accountable to Home Chef’s food safety expectations.
- Work with FSQA Leadership to help resolve food and non-food procurement quality issues within the shift, including but not limited to, questions related to produce quality, portioning quantity, and missing ingredients.
- Escalate any decisions to FSQA leadership as needed.
- Oversee training programming, holding Training Lead accountable for delivering all components of the QC Tech Training program to new QC Techs.
- Train, coach and empower Quality Techs and Leads.
- Participate in performance review and corrective action meetings for QC Techs and Leads with FSQA Superintendent.
Attitude and Attendance:
- Arrives to work at scheduled time and follows time off request procedure.
- Communicates with co-workers in a professional manner.
- Treats co-workers with respect at all times.
- Escalates attitude issues among QC Techs to FSQA Manager.
- Employs effective teamwork skills to collaborate with Production.
- Follow the facility GMPs and help enforce them throughout the facility.
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Google applications required.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English is required; fluency Spanish preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working in food quality / food safety, preferred.
- Must be able to attain ServSafe Manager certification within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to use, maintenance, and interpret results of laboratory and quality equipment and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of filling and weighing equipment.
- Knowledge of metal detection, preferred.
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Help the world share their story