Software Engineering Manager
Home Chef, 433 W Van Buren St, Chicago, IL 60607 (Downtown)
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
- Meets regularly with direct reports
- Works with and provides input to the Director of Engineering to help set processes for their teams
- Takes input from the Tech Leads on areas of improvement for their direct reports
- Sets performance goals for their direct reports
- Administers mid-year and year-end performance reviews
- Provides input to Director and VP of Engineering on raises and promotions for their direct reports
- Can clearly communicate idiosyncrasies and trade offs in advanced technical topics, and can confidently make the final decision, with buy-in, on those topics
- Providing detailed, constructive feedback on pull requests in a timely fashion
- Enabling engineers to ship code to production efficiently
- Pairing with software engineers to write code
- Assisting with software engineers to discover opportunities for them to grow their skill-set and learn, both technically and non-technically
- Leading meetings about various technical topics or sprints
- Often taking technical/architecture lead on large projects
- Understands technical impact on product planning, and communicates that clearly to product team
- Actively seeks strategic ways to improve company and increase positive outcomes in Technology
- Works with stakeholders and their teams’ product managers to build a collaborative relationship and guide their teams to success.
- Is highly accountable to individual and team commitments, while also having the ability to hold team accountable
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Some previous management experience is a plus, but not required.
- Must be available to respond to work related on-call inquiries some scheduled nights and weekends
- General high school degree, or equivalent and/or up to one year of post-high school training such as in a business school, community college or vocational training
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.