Home Chef, 6901 W 65th St, Bedford Park, IL 60638 (Bedford Park Plant)
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
- Takes ownership of weekly production plans, identifying potential obstacles to completing menus efficiently and meeting production targets
- Creates shift level production plan: Works with Operations Manager to assign supervisors and leads to tasks, calls out number of associates needed for each activity, and ensures inventory is available for assigned tasks
- Makes adjustments to production plan during shift as needed in response to product quality issues, shorts, or staffing levels
- Minimizes downtime by maintaining full view of production activities in progress, proactively spotting issues, and problem solving in advance of production shut downs
Communication & Teamwork:
- Supports Operations Manager in communicating production plans and targets to shift managers
- Meets with Procurement team to establish delivery timelines for all products on upcoming menus based on production plan
- Partners with Food Safety & Quality Assurance team to identify and test opportunities for production planning to improve product quality and reduce delivery errors
- Communicates with Inventory Clerks to confirm counts and understand what work can be completed based on inventory
- Proactively collaborates with other plants to share best practices
- Monitors labor efficiency metrics and conducts root cause analysis to identify reasons for exceeding/failing to meet performance standards
- Tracks planned activities vs. actual activities to identify areas of opportunity and discuss action plans with Operations Manager
- Continually learns from experience to improve production KPIs over time
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience with an ERP system preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and balance priorities in a fast paced environment
- 1-2 years of work experience required; experience in food manufacturing highly desirable
- Completion of a two-year program such as an Associate degree is preferred
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.