Continuous Improvement Specialist
Home Chef, 2200 Lithonia Industrial Blvd. Lithonia, GA 30058
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
Data collection and analysis
- Performing time studies for ongoing labor rate validation and optimizing labor line balance
- Develop methods for KPI tracking and drive real-time use
- Collect before and after data on trials of new methods or configurations
- Participate in Kaizen event data collection and improvement execution
- Perform audits for to ensure correct staffing guidelines and SOPs are followed
Layout and space optimization
- Regularly update and maintain floor maps of production facility and and provide recommendations on optimal floor layouts to increase efficiency and space utilization
- Conduct storage capacity analysis to understand space constraints and provide recommendations on plant operations based on ingredient, temperature, and shipping constraints
Identify, drive and implement process improvements
- Independently identify process gaps, recommends and implements process improvement
- Collect and help implement employee generated best practices
- You are impact-driven first and foremost, and your passion is to make lasting change in partnership with the plant managers, department leaders, and employees
- You have a proven track record of achievement in change management and lean operations, through day-to-day coaching, instilling new practices and tools, and building enthusiasm to reach stretch targets
- You have a strong interest in the meal kit industry and a passion for delivering the best possible products to our consumers
- You ideally have experience driving complex initiatives with multiple stakeholders across functions in a fast-paced environment
- You are comfortable in a plant environment, in refrigerated conditions below 40 degrees
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.