Food Safety and Quality Control Superintendent
Home Chef, 2200 Lithonia Industrial Blvd. Lithonia, GA 30058
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
Coaching and Development:
- Develop a team of Supervisors, Leads and Technicians through training and coaching
- Set clear development plan and performance targets for Quality Control Supervisor and discuss progress against plan on a daily basis
- As necessary, resolve personnel problems by investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action while treating employees with respect through the process
- Help develop effective people management skills of Quality Control supervisors and leads.
- Oversee training programming for Quality Control Supervisor, holding Training Lead accountable for delivering all components of the Quality Control Training program to new technicians
- Responsible for managing quality control indirect labor on a weekly basis, including but not limited to scheduling to meet labor KPIs and making adjustments as needed to ensure compliance
- Provide shift level labor targets to Quality Control Supervisor and provide feedback to Quality Control Supervisor on labor performance from previous day
- Own communication of weekly Quality Control KPIs (labor efficiency, quality compliance and error rate) to department managers and ensures relevant KPIs are being appropriately communicated to supervisors leads, and hourlies
- Participate to Site Error meeting and implement areas of improvement for Quality Plan through coaching and training of Quality Control Supervisors, Leads and Technicians
- Monitor daily and weekly responsibilities for QC Supervisors, QC Associates and Leads, making sure there are appropriate resources to cover all activities
- Implement and oversee all Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Responsible for executing the Site Quality Plan through leading core Quality Control functions including portioning, meal bagging, and final box verification, and receiving
- Ensure all necessary documentation for Quality Control and incident reporting is completed
- Partner with Corporate Quality and Food Safety Program Specialist on development, implementation and training for new Quality Control applications
- Partners with Quality Management Specialist, Operations and other key stakeholders to implement changes, new process or new products in a safe manner and implement product quality conformance system
- Leads by example and embodies Home Chef values of Customer First, Best-in-Class Team, Ownership, Pursue Excellence, and Deliver Happiness and Home Chef behaviors of Humble Team-Player, Pragmatic Next-Level Thinker and Take Ownership
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with plant manager and Home Chef leadership, across other departments (production, warehouse, maintenance, HR, and procurement), and within the FSQA team
- Document any food safety and quality issues and work with the FSQA Manager, FSQA Leadership, and plant partners for resolution
- Demonstrates willingness to work flexible shifts in order to devote equal attention to all shifts
- Drives strong communication across shifts and departments by ensuring huddles and daily communications are completed effectively
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in quality control, distribution, manufacturing or supply chain with at least 2 years successfully managing multiple shifts and/or departments
- Experience in Food Manufacturing is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict, build consensus, and facilitate problem-solving and collaboration amongst cross functional teams in a fast environment without a lot of structure and/or supervision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks/priorities
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
- Temperature: Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F)
- Equipment: Employees must be able to use the following equipment:
- Laboratory and quality equipment and instrumentation
- Computer and related software
- Automated and manual filling and weighing equipment
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.
Want to learn more about Home Chef? Visit Home Chef's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.