Customer Experience Associate
Home Chef, 433 W Van Buren St, Chicago, IL 60607 (Downtown)
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
- You have a real passion for helping Home Chef customers and possess excellent customer service skills.
- You must be able to work in a team environment and individually to serve our customers’ needs.
- As a Customer Experience Associate, you will serve as the front line of communication between the company and our customers.
- Associates will respond to customer issues, complaints and inquiries via phone, email and chat.
- You will act as a brand ambassador by being an expert in our product and sharing it with our customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries promptly and thoughtfully
- Assist customers in managing their Home Chef accounts.
- Strive for first-contact resolution with each interaction.
- Engage positively with customers sharing their Home Chef experience.
- Provide timely responses to tickets across all channels—less than 60 seconds for chats, less than 24 hours for emails.
- Provide an extraordinary, full life cycle customer experience to our users through phone, email and chat support.
- Anticipate customer needs and go above and beyond to ensure an efficient, seamless customer experience.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure consistent and seamless services to Home Chef customers.
- Be an expert on our product—keeping up to date on new features and weekly changing menus.
- Share themes and feedback from customers with the team to contribute to product improvements.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- GED required; Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Prior experience in Customer Support or related position (restaurants, retail, etc.)
- Positive approach to customer communication, as well as team collaboration.
- Proven communication skills – both verbal and written
- Can type a minimum 40 wpm
- You are comfortable responding over the phone, on video calls, or in person
- Dedication to excellence in hospitality and/or customer service
- You naturally enjoy working with people to solve problems and build group morale
- Comfort with a fast-paced dynamic environment that will evolve rapidly
- 40 hours a week - 5 days/week
- Some shifts require weekend work (i.e. Wednesday - Sunday or Saturday - Wednesday)
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.