Honest Buildings, New York
Built for real estate owners. Designed for real people.
Is the design force strong with this one? Honest Buildings is looking for a Senior UI/Product Designer who wants to take charge of making the product look and feel amazing to our users, every day. We’re looking for a creative and passionate soul who wants to own the visual identity of our product.
What you'll be doing
- Work in tandem with other designers to find elegant and simple solutions, and creating prototypes to get user input
- Create pixel perfect designs for new features going into production
- Work closely with front-end engineering team to own visual QA for all new products and features going into production
- Support the marketing team to ensure consistent visual identity in collateral
- Contribute to nurturing a design-centric culture at the company overall - design is truly key to our success
- Work in a team of 50 designers, engineers, product managers, marketing and sales professionals
- Work from our sunny and spacious office in downtown New York with sweet views of Brooklyn
What we're looking for
- You have at least 3-4 years of experience designing awesome digital products, solving real and challenging problems
- You have an online portfolio illustrating point #1
- You are a self-starter and able to work at a true startup with other disciplines in quick design loops
- You always look for the simple and easy-to-use solutions, but you also have a heart beating for innovation and making an impact through creative problem-solving
- You leave your ego at the front door, but you have enough integrity to stand up for designs/ideas when needed
- You love and excel at giving and receiving design feedback in short loops
- You have an eye for immaculate and beautiful details, but you have enough experience to know when to let go and move on
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS would be a huge plus
- Experience from B2B enterprise products is also a plus
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (hey, we're a startup)
- Comprehensive insurance options
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Free lunch on Fridays, catered every week
- Happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts and other cool perks
WHY CONSIDER WORKING AT HONEST BUILDINGS?
- You get to work with a group of 50+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia. We're only 50 people today but we're on the precipice of a big expansion. Come be a part of helping to shape it!
- We've raised more than $31m from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry.
About Honest Buildings
About us Honest Buildings is the only project management platform built for owners and managers to ensure capital and construction projects are on time and on budget. Industry leaders like Brookfield, Beacon Capital Partners, Invesco, The JBG Companies, SL Green, Parkway Properties and Rudin Management use Honest Buildings to streamline project management processes, increase revenue through faster project delivery, reduce project costs and increase efficiencies on projects portfolio-wide. Commercial and multifamily owners rely on the platform to manage billions of dollars in total project value. Honest Buildings is more than a collaborative, cloud-based technology - it's a paperless system of record built specifically for, and in partnership with, today's most innovative real estate owners, project managers and operators. Using our product to automate new construction and building improvement processes, these companies are unlocking value in data that previously sat unrealized in endless, complicated spreadsheets. Built for real-time insights and designed for any user, Honest Buildings has emerged as the standard for managing existing and developing portfolios across the country, including office, retail, industrial, hospitality and multifamily.