Are you passionate about turning real and complex problems into elegant solutions, and shipping beautifully designed products to users? We are looking for a curious, driven and user-oriented UX designer who knows an awesome user experience from a bad one. Through your design work, you will help some of the largest commercial real estate owners in the world and have an impact on urban progress around you.
We have a very hands-on approach to working with our customers and users at Honest Buildings, and our design team is central to carrying out that mission.
What you’ll be doing
- Continuously listen to and observe real users and data to inform design decisions
- Rapidly produce UX concepts, user flows, wireframes and prototypes - on whiteboards, paper and screens
- Rinse and repeat
- Work on a team of almost 50 designers, engineers, product managers, marketing and sales professionals
- Work from our office in downtown New York with sweet views of Brooklyn
We’re looking for an experienced collaborator and a prototyper...
- Who has experience designing products in teams and has the chops to communicate design with other designers as well as engineers, product managers, and the sales team
- Who always looks for the simple and easy-to-use solutions, but with a heart beating for innovation and making an impact through creativity
- Who leaves their ego at the front door, but has enough integrity to stand up for designs/ideas when needed
- Who loves and excels at giving and receiving design feedback in short loops
- Who has an eye for immaculate and beautiful details, but with enough experience to know when to let go and move on
- Who loves getting user input and doing user research, but is equipped with the tools to get started and quickly produce ideas, concepts and iterate without always knowing 100% of the questions or answers
- Who understands that everything we do is always about making our product better, day by day
- Who has at least 2-3 years of experience working in a UX role
We’d also love if you
- Speak a little HTML and CSS
- Have experience from working on B2B enterprise products
- Have experience from agile environments
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (hey, we’re a startup)
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Free lunch on Fridays, catered every week
- Happy hours, parties, monthly team activities and quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts and other cool perks
So, why Honest Buildings?
You'll work with an awesome team:
- You'll work with an awesome team of 50 talented professionals with backgrounds from places like Tishman Speyer, Urban Compass, Bain, Doberman, Facebook, Grovo, Audible, Goldman Sachs, IHeartRadio, Kobo, Cornell, Harvard, Penn, Columbia, Stanford, Permira, and McKinsey
- We've raised over $18m from top investors including Thrive Capital. Some of our clients even decided to invest after using our product for a year.
- We remember to have lots of fun and we have nice startup perks, but we’re definitely playing to win. Our vibe is best described as laid back and trusting, but professional.
- We are just over 50 people today but are on the verge of expansion. Come be a part of helping shape that!
You’ll get to work on a fascinating and real problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy
- Real estate and construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by technological change and it is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it. Old School needs to go New School.
- It’s a market massively larger than others you may know. We’re talking $8 trillion in Commercial Real Estate Construction vs. for instance $1.5 trillion in E-Commerce, or $100 billion in Transportation.
- Buildings are also an incredibly important asset that affect the way we all live, work, and play. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the decision makers and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day, in cities all across America.
About Honest Buildings
About us Honest Buildings is the only project management platform built for owners and managers to ensure capital and construction projects are on time and on budget. Industry leaders like Brookfield, Beacon Capital Partners, Invesco, The JBG Companies, SL Green, Parkway Properties and Rudin Management use Honest Buildings to streamline project management processes, increase revenue through faster project delivery, reduce project costs and increase efficiencies on projects portfolio-wide. Commercial and multifamily owners rely on the platform to manage billions of dollars in total project value. Honest Buildings is more than a collaborative, cloud-based technology - it's a paperless system of record built specifically for, and in partnership with, today's most innovative real estate owners, project managers and operators. Using our product to automate new construction and building improvement processes, these companies are unlocking value in data that previously sat unrealized in endless, complicated spreadsheets. Built for real-time insights and designed for any user, Honest Buildings has emerged as the standard for managing existing and developing portfolios across the country, including office, retail, industrial, hospitality and multifamily.
Want to learn more about Honest Buildings? Visit Honest Buildings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Experience Designer (m/w)
Senior Manager, Research and Usability
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Sr. UX Researcher
Design Researcher Manager
Dropbox, New York
Instructional Associate - User Experience Design Immersive (Full-time Contract)
General Assembly, Sydney
Senior Product Designer
Everwise, New York, NY