Senior Backend Engineer
Honest Buildings, New York
Built for real estate owners. Designed for real people.
This Role & You
Contribute to a modern Java stack, built on Docker and Amazon Elastic Container Service. Collaborate closely with product managers and designers to develop a highly performant API using Dropwizard that supports our user-facing UI as well as third-party integrations. Leverage jOOQ to write typesafe, expressive, and performant SQL. Work with AWS Lambda and CircleCI to support a dynamic product development lifecycle.
Engineering at Honest Buildings
We believe that close collaboration between engineers, designers, and product managers is an absolute necessity - this enables us to iterate quickly while maintaining a high standard of quality for the product. We encourage all engineers to bring new and innovative solutions to help raise the bar for the team. Many of us are passionate about a particular layer of the stack, but we value willingness to navigate and deeply understand the entire application.
- Spec and build impactful features alongside our design and product teams
- Develop performant and expressive RESTful APIs
- Architect systems that support complex real-world project management workflows
- Work in an agile environment
- Passionate about backend architecture and performance
- Committed to well-tested code (not just high coverage but effective tests)
- You consider database schema as a first-class citizen in your software design
- Bonus points: You are an open source contributor or have side projects that you are proud of
- Computer Science Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5+ years of professional software engineering work experience
- Experience with statically typed languages such as Java
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience or comfortable integrating with third-party systems
- We are open to strong candidates with different expertise who are excited to work with these technologies
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts and numerous other perks
WHY CONSIDER WORKING AT HONEST BUILDINGS?
- You get to work with a group of 80+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia.
- We've raised more than $47m from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry.
About Honest Buildings
About us Honest Buildings is the only project management platform built for owners and managers to ensure capital and construction projects are on time and on budget. Industry leaders like Brookfield, Beacon Capital Partners, Invesco, The JBG Companies, SL Green, Parkway Properties and Rudin Management use Honest Buildings to streamline project management processes, increase revenue through faster project delivery, reduce project costs and increase efficiencies on projects portfolio-wide. Commercial and multifamily owners rely on the platform to manage billions of dollars in total project value. Honest Buildings is more than a collaborative, cloud-based technology - it's a paperless system of record built specifically for, and in partnership with, today's most innovative real estate owners, project managers and operators. Using our product to automate new construction and building improvement processes, these companies are unlocking value in data that previously sat unrealized in endless, complicated spreadsheets. Built for real-time insights and designed for any user, Honest Buildings has emerged as the standard for managing existing and developing portfolios across the country, including office, retail, industrial, hospitality and multifamily.
Want to learn more about Honest Buildings? Visit Honest Buildings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Director, Product Engineering
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer - Experiences & Rentals
TripAdvisor, New York, NY
Software Engineer - Terraform Provider Enablement
HashiCorp, Remote US/UK/Canada/Netherlands/France/Germany
Software Engineer, Android
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Mountain View, CA - San Francisco, CA - Seattle, WA
Sales Engineering Manager - East Region (New York, NY)
Box, New York, NY