Senior Frontend Engineer
Honest Buildings, New York
Built for real estate owners. Designed for real people.
This Role & You
You will work with a tight-knit team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build no-nonsense project management tools and beautiful data visualizations that support complex real-world workflows. Our frontend is based on AngularJS and SASS, and we are actively adopting CSS grid, TypeScript, and other cutting-edge technologies. Contribute to our burgeoning UI toolkit by constructing modular angular components with TypeScript and SASS.
Engineering at Honest Buildings
We believe that close collaboration between engineers, designers, and product managers is an absolute necessity - this enables us to iterate quickly while maintaining a high standard of quality for the product. We encourage all engineers to bring new and innovative solutions to help raise the bar for the team. Many of us are passionate about a particular layer of the stack, but we value willingness to navigate and deeply understand the entire application.
- Spec and build impactful features alongside our design and product teams
- Ensure a pleasant user experience across all devices
- Contribute to our UI toolkit
- Work in an agile environment
- Passionate about frontend architecture and performance
- Committed to well-tested code (not just high coverage but effective tests)
- Interested in mobile-first design
- Bonus points: You are an open source contributor or have side projects that you are proud of
- Computer Science Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5+ years of professional software engineering work experience
- Bonus points: TypeScript experience or interest in moving to TypeScript
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts and numerous other perks
Why consider working at Honest Buildings?
- You get to work with a group of 80+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia.
- We've raised more than $47m from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry.
About Honest Buildings
About us Honest Buildings is the only project management platform built for owners and managers to ensure capital and construction projects are on time and on budget. Industry leaders like Brookfield, Beacon Capital Partners, Invesco, The JBG Companies, SL Green, Parkway Properties and Rudin Management use Honest Buildings to streamline project management processes, increase revenue through faster project delivery, reduce project costs and increase efficiencies on projects portfolio-wide. Commercial and multifamily owners rely on the platform to manage billions of dollars in total project value. Honest Buildings is more than a collaborative, cloud-based technology - it's a paperless system of record built specifically for, and in partnership with, today's most innovative real estate owners, project managers and operators. Using our product to automate new construction and building improvement processes, these companies are unlocking value in data that previously sat unrealized in endless, complicated spreadsheets. Built for real-time insights and designed for any user, Honest Buildings has emerged as the standard for managing existing and developing portfolios across the country, including office, retail, industrial, hospitality and multifamily.
Want to learn more about Honest Buildings? Visit Honest Buildings's website.
Jobs You May Like
Machine Learning Engineer - Safety Risk management
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Machine Learning Engineer
Niantic inc., Seattle Area (Bellevue)
Principal UX/UI Designer
Acquia, Boston, MA
Senior Hybris Commerce Developer - Southeast
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Software Engineer: Backend (Customer Service Technology)
Senior Software Engineer