Honey is helping millions save money every day and we're growing! Our data pipelines process hundreds of millions of events per day. We are looking for engineers who love distributed systems and are motivated by the challenge of scale. Data engineering at Honey is a small team, so you’ll have opportunities to work on a variety of product features and technology platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and operate Honey’s data pipelines with a focus on performance and reliability.
- Participate in new feature development for recommendations, product catalogs, and mobile applications.
- Propose and evaluate storage technologies and methodologies with an eye toward scalability and performance.
- 5+ years programming in at least one modern programming environment. Python, Scala, or Node.js are helpful but not required.
- 5+ years architecting with both SQL and no-SQL data stores. We use Redis, MongoDB, BigQuery, and HBase/Big Table
- Experience and working knowledge of Elasticsearch.
- Experience designing schemas and maintaining representations for low latency, request- cycle queries.
- Experience with streaming platforms (PubSub, Kafka, Kinesis) and near-real-time data pipelines
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Comfortable building and maintaining data infrastructure in the cloud
About us Founded in 2012 and based in Downtown, Los Angeles, Honey is the easiest way to save when shopping online! We currently have a coupon applying browser extension (available on Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), a cash back program called Honey Gold, a price watching tool called Droplist, and are working on several more features and products to create abundance for all! Our team is a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive group of 100 and we're growing!
Want to learn more about Honey? Visit Honey's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, R&D
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Technical Program Manager, Software
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
PHP Web Developer
Twitch, Huntsville, AL
Data Analyst Consultant, Professional Services - UK
Vehicle Reliability Manager
Zoox, San Carlos, CA
Senior Software Engineer
GitHub, Remote - United States