Honey is helping millions save money every day and we're growing! Our data pipelines process hundreds of millions of events per day. We are looking for engineers who love distributed systems and are motivated by the challenge of scale. Data engineering at Honey is a small team, so you’ll have opportunities to work on a variety of product features and technology platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement machine learning models to production.
- Design, build and operate Honey’s data pipelines with a focus on performance and reliability.
- Participate in new feature development for recommendations, product catalogs, and mobile applications.
- Propose and evaluate storage technologies and methodologies with an eye toward scalability and performance.
- Design and implement data pipelines that handle a thousand messages per second streaming.
- 5+ years programming in at least one modern programming environment. Python, Scala, or Node.js are helpful but not required.
- 5+ years architecting with both SQL and no-SQL data stores. We use Big Table/HBase, Spark, Dataflow, Spanner, BigQuery, and Elasticsearch, but if you have experience using Hive, Hadoop, or Pig that works too!
- Experience designing schemas and maintaining representations for low latency, request- cycle queries.
- Experience with streaming platforms (PubSub, Kafka, Kinesis) and near-real-time data pipelines
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Comfortable building and maintaining data infrastructure in the cloud
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
About us Founded in 2012 and based in Downtown, Los Angeles, Honey is the easiest way to save when shopping online! We currently have a coupon applying browser extension (available on Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), a cash back program called Honey Gold, a price watching tool called Droplist, and are working on several more features and products to create abundance for all! Our team is a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive group of 100 and we're growing!
Want to learn more about Honey? Visit Honey's website.
Jobs You May Like
Full Stack Software Engineer, Partner Notifications
Pinterest, San Francisco
Lead Data Engineer
ThoughtWorks, New York
Director, Partner Engineering
Slack, San Francisco
Technical Program Manager
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Cloud-Based Computer Vision Software Engineer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. Software Engineer
Home Chef, 400 N. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL 60611 (Downtown)