Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are seeking Senior Software Engineers to join our Los Angeles team to help us build and deliver excellent, user-first products via rapid iterations and peer review.
If you aren't already in the Los Angeles area, don't fret - we'll move you here!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Core-Analytics team, you'll be responsible for helping develop our analytics platform, which empowers analysts to document and share data-units and allows engineers to help document events in-code for the benefit of all interested in our data. You’ll build out all the systems under those efforts to make data more easily usable, better understood, and more reliable. At a high level, we develop tools and processes to make Honey analytics / data systems more effective at empowering the company as a whole. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll take ownership of the technical direction and execution. You can expect to work with other engineers, product managers, and analysts. Your contribution will impact how Honey provides a better way to buy and make money more fair for everyone.
If you’re on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- 5+ years programming in at least one modern programming environment. Python, Scala, or Node.js are helpful but not required
- 5+ years architecting with both SQL and NoSQL data stores. We use Big Table/HBase, Spark, Dataflow, Spanner, BigQuery, and Elasticsearch, but if you have experience using Hive, Hadoop, or Pig that works too!
- Experience designing schemas and maintaining representations for low latency, request- cycle queries
- Experience with streaming platforms (PubSub, Kafka, Kinesis) and near-real-time data pipelines
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Comfortable building and maintaining data infrastructure in the cloud
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop & maintain data pipelines for ingesting and transferring data within the company
- Develop scalable way to provide documentation for data-sets and their meanings (as a means to document our products & core analysis) in-code
- Iterate on our analytics platform for analysts to easily define data models and collaborate with other analysts
- Provide tools to increase velocity of using data at Honey
- Iterate on performance / efficiency of using data at Honey
- Be responsible for helping Honey level-up how data is used internally to ensure quality and efficiency of our efforts
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
About us Founded in 2012 and based in Downtown, Los Angeles, Honey is the easiest way to save when shopping online! We currently have a coupon applying browser extension (available on Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), a cash back program called Honey Gold, a price watching tool called Droplist, and are working on several more features and products to create abundance for all! Our team is a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive group of 100 and we're growing!
Want to learn more about Honey? Visit Honey's website.
409 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Jobs You May Like
Senior QA Engineer
Human Interest, San Francisco, CA