Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Senior Data Scientist who loves distributed systems and is motivated by the challenge of scale.
About the Team:
As a Senior Data Scientist at Honey you can expect to work with other data scientists, data engineers, and product managers to enhance existing product features and build new ones. You'll be able to work with these teams all while pitching your ideas for projects and determining your own approach and preferred tools.
About the Role:
As a Senior Data Scientist, you'll take ownership of a complete project area and develop an end to end solution that is deployed into our production system. Some of the projects currently being worked on include, enhancing product catalog with text and image-based classification, building recommendation systems for products and stores, and enhancing search.
- Lead the development of large and complex machine learning applications that drive significant business value
- Develop and operationalize new data system components and production pipelines
- Proactively initiate new projects with exploratory data analyses and proofs of concept
- Experiment with data modeling tools and techniques, making appropriate trade-offs between performance and complexity
- Write, maintain, and peer review generalizable code with documentation
- Gather project requirements, translate into data design documents, and partner with data engineering to integrate into existing systems
- Present model results to a variety of internal audiences, with appropriate regard for the level of technical detail
- Champion the spread of best practices and mentor junior team members
- Provide feedback to senior company leadership on strategic direction and high-impact initiatives
- At least 4 years of experience in an Analytics and/or Data Science heavy role
- Proven experience applying data science best practices in industry
- Solid understanding of statistical theory
- Working knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods
- Deep domain expertise in one or more areas of machine learning e.g. recommendation systems, neural networks, natural language processing, or search ranking
- Experience deploying scalable models in production environments
- Cloud computing experience, Google Cloud Platform a plus
- Software development experience
- Experience with big data technologies, especially Spark
- Database experience and working proficiency in SQL
- Proficient at programming in Python and familiar with data preprocessing, data transformation, and machine learning libraries
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
About us Founded in 2012 and based in Downtown, Los Angeles, Honey is the easiest way to save when shopping online! We currently have a coupon applying browser extension (available on Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), a cash back program called Honey Gold, a price watching tool called Droplist, and are working on several more features and products to create abundance for all! Our team is a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive group of 100 and we're growing!