Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Senior Accountant to join the Operations Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Team:
We support 10+ million monthly active users in 200+ countries and 40,000+ retailers worldwide. Our team's mission is to create an amazing member experience. By analyzing user feedback and making data-driven decisions, we enhance our products to help our members save time and money.
About The Role:
We are looking for a new member to join the Finance team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the Company’s accounting practices and the maintenance of its fiscal records and assists with the company's financial policies and processes. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant ensures adherence to GAAP, and ensures the appropriate control environment.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Accountant at Honey, you will:
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and certain P&L accounts
- Maintain assigned sub-ledgers
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and account analyses, including Financial Statement fluctuation analyses
- Research and resolve accounting issues with financial and operations departments both domestic and international
- Perform the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with the close schedule
- Enhance, maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures and SOX 404 internal control documentation
- Collaborate with internal and external audit staff for quarterly reviews and annual year end audit procedures
- The roles and responsibilities will change over time as the department and company continue to grow
- BA/BS in Business with a concentration in Accounting
- Ability to function in highly dynamic environment with multiple priorities
- Attention to detail, timeliness, and organization with desire for continuous improvement
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to succeed in collaborative, team-based organization, with strong relationship building skills while working autonomously and proactively
- Strong analytical skills and extremely detail oriented with thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and monthly close processes
- Minimum of 5 years broad-based accounting experience
- Advanced Excel abilities
- CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience (Big 4 firm)
- ERP System experience (Oracle, SAP, Netsuite, etc.)
- SQL proficiency
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
About us Founded in 2012 and based in Downtown, Los Angeles, Honey is the easiest way to save when shopping online! We currently have a coupon applying browser extension (available on Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), a cash back program called Honey Gold, a price watching tool called Droplist, and are working on several more features and products to create abundance for all! Our team is a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive group of 100 and we're growing!