Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking Senior Backend Engineers to help build out Honey's new generation of product offerings.
About the Team:
The engineering team works on a combination of backend development, databases, microservices, and is constantly developing new features. We all work for each other and have a an emphasis on helping one another. We get to solve complex problems all while using good, modern technology.
- We use Node.js, but we'd prefer that you have at least 5+ years of experience with a functional backend language
- Familiar with APIs (REST and GraphQL) with best practices and create monitoring tools for them
- At least 5+ years of GCP backend ecosystems as Pub/Sub, Spanner, Big Table, Big Query, elasticSearch and other data warehouse tool
- Experience with data and traffic heavy environments
- Comfortable using Docker and Kubernetes
- Exposure to Express, Redis, & ElasticSearch are pluses
- Experience in web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, networking, developing large software systems
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Self-motivated to build and iterate in quick cycles
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
About us Founded in 2012 and based in Downtown, Los Angeles, Honey is the easiest way to save when shopping online! We currently have a coupon applying browser extension (available on Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), a cash back program called Honey Gold, a price watching tool called Droplist, and are working on several more features and products to create abundance for all! Our team is a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive group of 100 and we're growing!
Want to learn more about Honey? Visit Honey's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Program Manager
Client Platform Engineer
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City
Developer Program Engineer - Argentina
Clover, Buenos Aires
Software Engineer - Cloud
SmartThings, Minneapolis, MN
Associate Front End Web Developer - React for SPAs
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
HelloFresh, New York, NY