Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join the Engineering Team in our Los Angeles office.
What You'll Do:
As a Lead Software Engineer at Honey, you will:
- Take product requirements from spec to production
- Assess code for best practices
- Help your team level-up their skill sets
- Provide support to your team
- Look for new, innovative, and creative solutions to solve problems at scale using both our current technologies and new technologies
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) or on-premise virtualization
- Experience deploying APIs, web applications, libraries, or contributing to open-source
- Experience leading or co-leading the architecture, design, and implementation of applications with thousands of lines of code
- Experience mentoring others at work, via open source contributions, or via StackOverflow
- Experience conducting 1:1's, consistent experience providing peer review, or being a major code reviewer for a large open-source project
- Comfortable working closely with product manager(s) to prioritize and coordinate efforts of engineers on the team, and engineering efforts between teams
- Experience with both in-person and technical phone interviews
- You get just as excited seeing others grow and learn under your leadership as you do executing the work yourself
- Views ambiguity and high-level specs as an opportunity to be creative
- Comfortable coding no more than 20 hrs/week
- Familiarity with basic design patterns and architectural patterns
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
About us Founded in 2012 and based in Downtown, Los Angeles, Honey is the easiest way to save when shopping online! We currently have a coupon applying browser extension (available on Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), a cash back program called Honey Gold, a price watching tool called Droplist, and are working on several more features and products to create abundance for all! Our team is a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive group of 100 and we're growing!
Want to learn more about Honey? Visit Honey's website.
Jobs You May Like
Desktop Support Technician
DraftKings, Hoboken, NJ