Senior Software Engineer
HONK, Los Angeles
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE, SIMPLIFIED. BREAKDOWNS HURT. GETTING HELP IS EASY.
HONK is a fast growing technology company disrupting the roadside assistance space. We are a group of out of the box thinkers and doers, driven by an immense passion to challenge the old ways by working together to bring innovative change that impacts the lives of others. We work in a creative environment where everyday is rewarding knowing we’re assisting people in their true moment of need, stuck on side of roads, helping them get back to conquering their day. In the age of want it, click it, buy it, get it, on-demand and on-call, HONK is the only way to get from broken down to I barely even noticed I’d stopped.
We are looking for a versatile Software Engineer who can do everything - from building mobile web & iOS apps and working on our back-end RoR system and APIs to updating our ML based dispatch systems. You need to be able to hit the ground running in our relaxed yet fast-paced environment - we are data driven, iterate quickly and push new code every day.
- Work with our CTO and dev team of 7 full stack engineers to design & architect new products & features.
- Build out our back-end dispatch applications in RoR.
- Work with our UI/UX guru to extend our existing mobile web app and create new, compelling web experiences.
- Design & implement mobile apps on iOS/Android.
- Two plus years developing highly dynamic web applications.
- Solid software engineering skills in an agile environment.
- Experience with multiple of the following, and the ability to quickly pick up new technologies & skills:
- Ruby on Rails apps & RESTful APIs.
- Mobile iOS/Android apps.
- Telephony apps built on Twilio or similar services.
- Real-time, location based systems.
- SQL & NoSQL databases - PostgreSQL & Redis.
- Scalability & performance management of large scale systems.
- Solid OO design skills.
- Experience with all the usual tools (git, pivotal tracker)
WHO WE ARE Breakdowns hurt. Stranded on the side of the road, the only thing that matters is getting help. Until now, roadside help meant exhausting phone calls and endless waits. Getting back on the road hurt as much as breaking down. We created HONK to help. Founded in 2014, HONK is the trusted way to find and order roadside assistance from the web, mobile phone or tablet, 24/7, nationwide. No more membership fees, no paying for services you don’t use. No hassle. The free HONK app and website connects drivers with roadside assistance partners for services including: JUMSTART, LOCKED OUT, FLAT TIRE, OUT OF FUEL, and TOWING.
Want to learn more about HONK? Visit HONK's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Front End Engineer - Pixel
Director of Infrastructure Engineering
Oscar, New York
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Web
FiftyThree, New York
Applied Algorithms Engineer
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA
Integration & API Support Engineer
MuleSoft, Buenos Aires