Senior Front-End Software Developer, Platform
Hootsuite, Bucharest, Romania
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Platform team and help us design and improve the front-end infrastructure, components, and tooling used by customer-facing development teams. You’ll be taking on new problems across our web stack and front-end architecture, driving technical design and implementation both within your team and with other teams, and helping to move our technology forward. While based in Hootsuite's Bucharest office, you will report to the Manager, Software Development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with and lead your team to design, build, test, and ship high quality front-end software, tooling, infrastructure for Hootsuite development teams.
- Help shape Hootsuite’s technical roadmap.
- Help your team identify and evaluate candidate technical solutions, iterating in an agile fashion with incremental code shipments through continuous integration.
- Identify multiple candidate solutions to a problem and evaluate them for fit given the constraints of the project.
- Shape Hootsuite's culture, and your team’s, through improved tooling, streamlining processes, and working across team boundaries.
- Work across Hootsuite’s development and operations teams to implement changes to our architecture and infrastructure in order to improve reliability, performance, and developer efficiency.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and at least 5 years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact.
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers
- Experience writing clean UI code that performs well at scale -- specifically with React or other modern JS frameworks (Angular, VueJS).
- Experience using and configuring front-end tools such as webpack, gulp, babel, yarn, etc.
- Experience creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code.
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice, previous experience working on a SaaS product will be viewed favourably.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs.
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions.
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.