Lead, Software Development
Hootsuite, London, England, Bristol, England, Manchester, England, New Castle, England, Bucharest, Romania, Iasi, Romania, Timisoara, Romania, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, Sibiu, Romania, Brasov, Romania
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Lead, Software Development, to help us build and lead a high-performance team that solves challenging engineering problems as we build the next generation of social products. While based in Hootsuite’s Bucharest or London office (post COVID19 restrictions) or remotely across Romania or the UK you will support the Manager, Software Development to hire, grow, coach, and lead a small team of developers to build, scale, monitor, and optimise backend infrastructure and core client-facing web applications used daily by all Hootsuite users.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build, support and lead a high performance, cohesive team of developers, in close partnership with the Manager, Development
- Facilitate ongoing development conversations with your team to support their learning and career growth
- Proactively share information, actively solicit feedback, and facilitate communication, within teams and portfolios
- Participate in the hiring process, with an aim of attracting and hiring the best developers
- Assess and prioritize the team's work, appropriately delegating to others and encouraging team ownership.
- Maintain high standards of security, reliability, scalability, performance, and quality in all delivered projects
- Help shape our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products
- Design, write, test, and deploy high quality scalable code
- Expertise in one of the two technology stacks and basic knowledge of the other:
- Backend: Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, Mongo, GRPC, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Frontend: React + Redux / Angular, Nightwatch, LESS, Docker
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Long standing software development experience with a demonstrated increase in responsibility
- Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and SaaS systems
- Hands-on experience mentoring and coaching others
- You are proficient in at least one programming language, ideally Go, Typescript or Python, and have a desire to learn other languages.
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the teams
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one