Senior UX Designer
Hootsuite, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, New Brunswick, Canada, New York, New York, United States, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Seattle, Washington, United States, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to help us design and deliver thoughtful user experiences that truly empower our customers on social. You’ll be working on some of our most challenging and high-impact UX problems, helping to develop and execute a shared product vision and strategy. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Product Design and can be based remotely across Canada in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities or Seattle/New York City.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, maintain, and extend a deep understanding of your portfolio's product, business objectives, customers, and competition - by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Build a close, collaborative, and influential relationship with your agile squad: your product manager, product design lead, and software developers, to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches and deliverables.
- Independently develop and deliver high level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mockups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions.
- Provide oversight to junior designers and support your development team as they deliver products that implement your designs.
- Actively mentor junior team members and better your peers through shared thought leadership and driving effective processes.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive experience as an influential UX team member, deconstructing complex design challenges and transforming them into simple, intuitive solutions.
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate strategic, creative, and user centered design solutions to complex problems
- Ability to independently conduct a wide range of appropriate UX design activities for complex problems such as: user research, workshop facilitation, strategy and vision development, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing. Ability to contribute to planning and prioritization activities.
- Ability to identify opportunities, scope problems, find solutions, implement and launch. Consistently relied upon to tackle complex problems that heavily impact their portfolio.
- Expert-level capability using industry-standard UX and UI design platforms.
- Experience designing for Enterprise and B2B SaaS products using agile and iterative design processes.
- Experience working with researchers, product managers, developers, and other designers who require alignment to plan, prioritize, and execute on complex problems.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the business, vision, and strategy, as well as complex technical requirements, and incorporate them into elegant design solutions.
- Experience advocating for scalable, research-backed design frameworks, architecture, and solutions. Ability to influence user-centered design principles, concepts, and practices at the team level with input to other portfolios. Advocates for change when strategy or solution isn't of high value.
- Ability to provide technical oversight and mentorship to designers to improve outcomes for the team.
- Experience optimizing existing processes. Ability to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and advocate for change.
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess importance of tasks and decisions
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
The best bed for better sleep