Director, Information Technology Services
Hootsuite, Vancouver, Toronto
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Director, Information Technology Services to help us lead the Global IT Helpdesk and IT Infrastructure areas for Hootsuite. You will play an active role in growing our people, processes, and technology. You are a senior people and technical person who leads a dedicated team in developing and delivering on a roadmap for our global IT Helpdesk and IT Infrastructure teams.While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver or Toronto office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada or U.S. (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to the Vice President, Information Technology and Global Facilities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- In collaboration with VP, IT & Global Facilities, the IT leadership team and key business stakeholders, develop strategies and initiatives in the areas of technological services and support across different geographies.
- Lead global technology services across our IT Helpdesk and IT Infrastructure teams to ensure delivery of highly reliable services and support systems across the Hootsuite business and operations functions, tied to organizational level strategies and KPIs and leveraging continuous improvement activities.
- Manage and ensure a high level of customer service is consistently delivered, measured and leveraging continuous improvement activities.
- Oversee and ensure we are effectively using and implementing IT Service Management (ITSM) and (ITIL) support frameworks effectively and efficiently
- Ensure our incident management support platform (Zendesk) is being utilized effectively and optimally while looking for continuous improvement in our process, including tracking and reporting on KPIs
- Oversee the management of our global network systems and system administration services that support all of Hootsuite’s technology infrastructure and ensure high availability of Hootsuite’s information technology systems
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the departmental managers and teams, with their development and growth as a key priority of your leadership
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to provide technical feasibility, specifications and estimates for project level work and provide other possible solutions
- Establish and implement a system, processes and tools to effectively utilize asset management of Hoosuite’s IT hardware and assets to ensure they are correctly inventoried and tracked
- Communicate and provide visibility into project initiatives to the rest of the organization
- Responsible for preparing and recommending annual operating and capital budgets for approval. Provide periodic forecast reports capturing analysis and insights to senior leadership and management teams.
- Establish and maintain high standards of security, reliability, scalability, performance and quality in all delivered projects
- Actively advocate, improve, and stand up for Hootsuite's tech culture and leadership principles
- Empathize with our customers, employees and executives, understanding their needs and keeping a firm pulse on how the industry is leveraging technology around data for digital transformation
- Build a world-class technical team capable of delivering outstanding results through Agile methodologies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive technology and product experience, along with proven experience in a people-leadership capacity
- Knowledge and experience leading support for technology systems such as Active Directory, OKTA/SSO, remote access and global network connectivity
- Demonstrated leadership of data systems, data governance and data engineering
- Previous work experience within an agile environment as well as deploying and managing technical projects in an Agile delivery methodology
- Knowledge of SaaS metrics as well as how data flows and is utilized within a software/SaaS company
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Leading Inclusive teams: Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- General Management: Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Strategic Thinking: Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Developing Others: Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Help the world share their story