Sales Development Representative, Outbound
Hootsuite, Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON
We are more than a social media company
Hootsuite works with companies around the world helping them to champion the power of human connection through social media. We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help us expand Hootsuite’s customer base. You’ll use outbound prospecting strategies to identify and target prospects, and initiate the first outreach to identify sales opportunities. Your goal is to help book meetings and fill the pipelines for the sales team. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver or Toronto office (post COVID-19), you will report to the Senior Manager, Sales Development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Maintain strong relationships with marketing team, leveraging campaigns to aid in outbound reach out
- Conduct high volume prospecting to qualify leads through calls, emails, social media, and other channels
- Partner with account executives to gain access to key stakeholders in target accounts using a combination of cold outreach techniques
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customer
- Determine the prospect's interest in Hootsuite products and services
- Schedule meetings for sales representatives with key contacts in prospective accounts
- Achieve and exceed pipeline contribution and activity goals as set out by your manager
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Interest in social media, social listening and online advertising
- Previous successful professional experience, ideally in a similar, business development or sales environment.
- Ability to strategically research and develop accounts for prospecting
- Comfort and desire for cold calling and outreach (email, social, video, direct mail etc)
- Comfort in front of the camera
- Excited to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen, and/or an educational background in business
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Motivated. Excited to hunt for new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline. Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.