Software Developer, Frontend (React)
Hootsuite, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Full-Stack (React) Software Developer for our Software Development team to join us in the design, building, testing and deployment of new products and features which enables our customers to plan, curate and publish messages. You’ll be working with a team of talented engineers to develop high quality products which are scalable, testable, and extensible and provide high value to our customers. As a key member of the development team, you will work closely with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to define and execute on our vision and values. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to Manager, Software Development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with your team to design, build, test, and ship high quality software to Hootsuite’s customers
- Help shape Hootsuite’s technical roadmap
- Iterate in an agile fashion creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments through continuous integration
- Identify multiple candidate solutions to a problem and evaluate them for fit given the constraints of the project
- Shape Hootsuite's culture, and your teams, through improved tooling, streamlining processes, and working across product boundaries
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and experience in designing, developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice, previous experience working on a SaaS product will be viewed favourably.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.