We’re looking for a Project Manager to join the Chief Technology Officer department to work with key members of the Product Management, Development, Design, Security, Operations and Support teams on both product deliverable projects and/or customer specific implementations as well as process implementation projects. The successful candidate will coordinate across CTO, and with other departments as required, to ensure all aspects of each project are aligned, communicated, coordinated, and completed on time within scope and budget.While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver or Toronto office (post-COVID19) or remotely across Canada,,
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Coordinate internal resources, third party / vendor and customer alignment for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress for product, process and customer projects
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure and adjust project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Create, track, manage and adjust project parameters based on measured KPIs
- Report and escalate to management as needed regarding status, risks and mitigations of projects
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors/end customers as required
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with customers to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify and drive agreement of specific requirements of each project
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared across CTO and other departments or customers as required
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Plan for and manage the execution of product end-of-life activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Proven working experience as a project manager, ideally demonstrated product development/project management experience.
- Strong requirements management and change management skills
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- Proven ability to deliver projects that meet customer requirements and align to product roadmaps
- Ability to identify key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Nice to Have: Experience in both agile and waterfall project management
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.