Director, Public Sector
Hootsuite, Washington, DC and/or USA East Coast
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Government subject matter expert that has deep domain expertise and demonstrable experience of strategy development and thought leadership across Federal and State/Provincial Government (US and Canada) with a proven track record of success in leading sales into all levels of the public sector (Federal: Civilian, Defense, Intelligence Communities; State/Provincial and Local agencies). This individual will develop our vertical team and strategy, and consistently achieve and exceed our revenue targets. This is a remote role based in Washington, DC or USA East coast reporting to the VP of Enterprise Sales.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build and revolutionize Hootsuite’s public sector go to market strategy
- Hire, lead and develop a high performing team through ongoing coaching and development opportunities
- Contribute to Hootsuite’s brand and market presence in the public sector by creating thought leadership via, being active on social channels, speaking at events and participating in industry advisory councils.
- Partner across the organisation to drive growth in the public sector vertical by >30% YOY
- Accurately forecast quarterly & annual revenue commits, highlighting unique business risks
- Identify areas of improvement in sales processes and overall approach focused on building business across Federal and State/Provincial Government
- Collaborate with the Partner Leadership Team to build an industry focused partner ecosystem
- Actively engage with key and/or escalated customers and prospects to drive deals and support their ROI
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive expertise in leading sales teams in SaaS or other renewable/subscription products with a focus on the public sector.
- Established relationships and demonstrated knowledge of how to navigate the public sector.
- Keynote Speaking skills (creating materials & persuasively presenting to any level of audience).
- Proven track record of building and executing sales strategies that deliver >30% YOY growth and consistently achieves results.
- Demonstrated desire to proactively help and support customers.
- A clear and direct communications style: good at establishing clear direction and include others in decision making.
- A passion for talent development and helping others achieve their best work.
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals.
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work.
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision.
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.