Staff Developer (Architect)
Hootsuite, London, England, Hasselt, Belgium, Bucharest, Romania, Rome, Italy, Toronto, Ottowa, New Brunswick
We are more than a social media company
We're looking for a Staff Developer to help us champion and drive the advancement of our product’s quality, performance, and security. You'll be working on complex technical problems across multiple teams, while actively searching for solutions that will empower our teams to iterate faster. While based in one of our Hootsuite offices (post COVID19) or remotely across the available locations (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to Manager, Software Development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide technical guidance and leadership through the design, implementation and delivery of large technical projects that cross-cut products (e.g. upgrading system versions and refactoring integral product components)
- Conduct directed research and technical analysis of new candidate technologies that fill a development team’s business or technical need
- Provide technical advice, act as a role model for your teammates, flawlessly execute complicated plans, and navigate many levels of the organization.
- Contribute to, define and track project level work on large technical projects while ensuring visibility to team
- Deliver technical training on your portions of the Hootsuite technology & product stack
- Contribute enhancements to development, build, deployment, and monitoring processes with an emphasis on security, reliability and performance
- Deliver process improvements which increases ease of adoption and implementation by your entire team
- Participate in the development of the technical hiring process and interview scripts with an aim of attracting and hiring the best developers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Long standing related experience and a minimum of 2 roles or companies building your experience base
- Experience in leading the design, development, deployment of multiple systems or products
- Ability to think in terms of optimal technical solutions for business problems
- Effective in collaborating on business problems with non-technical peers in the organization
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers
- Experience conducting technical interviews with developers at various levels of experience
- Ability to plan, articulate and gain organizational alignment on a technical vision
- Ability to stay on top of technical direction/frameworks beyond Hootsuite and advocate for their adoption at Hootsuite
- Proven ability to deliver both customer value and innovative technical solutions
- Ability to recognize and communicate broad technical issues and contribute ideas on how to resolve them
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess importance of tasks and decisions
Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one