Business and Corporate Development Strategist
Hootsuite, Vancouver, BC
We are more than a social media company
Strategic growth is critical to Hootsuite’s future. Whether launching innovative new partnerships or acquiring an upstart in our space, bold strategic moves are vital to winning in our quickly evolving environment.
Hootsuite’s Business & Corporate Development and Ecosystem teams together play an important role in enabling us to grow faster. As the Business & Corporate Development Strategist, you will work collaboratively across functions to support immediate and substantial impact to Hootsuite through a pipeline of strategic initiatives and the business opportunities of tomorrow.
Reporting to the SVP Business Development & Corporate Strategy, you will support the execution of M&A and strategic partnership opportunities and business initiatives. With your business acumen and industry knowledge, you will provide the management team with the needed insight for intelligent and sound decision-making. When capacity allows, you will leverage your additional capacity to take on special projects & initiatives. This role is based in Vancouver, BC.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conduct business and market research to understand developing trends and action this research to inform internal stakeholders and help drive team & corporate strategy
- Envision and design partner/M&A strategy maps with a thorough analysis on the relative costs, potential revenue, and other benefits to help Hootsuite reach both its short and long-term objectives
- Source, evaluate, negotiate and implement strategic and other partnerships, including modeling the expected impact of the relationship and playing an active role in the GTM and launch
- Source, evaluate, and close M&As that will enable Hootsuite to accelerate its product and retain and expand its market
- Work on and in some cases manage the integration of acquired companies into the Hootsuite organization, including integration strategy, objectives, project management, timelines, and targets
- Work cross-functionally with diverse teams including Product, Ecosystem, Partners, Marketing and the Sales Org to initiate, strategize and deliver successful partnerships and acquisitions
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Business
- Experience in venture capital, consulting, investment banking or corporate/business development, or partnership roles
- Be well versed in SaaS technologies, as well as the integration of social throughout an organization, and have a proven track record of building and implementing complex relationships
- Experience identifying and assessing acquisition and partnership opportunities that help accelerate growth
- Experience working with a partner/channel organization
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Sound business judgment with the ability to “think big picture” and navigate potential opportunities with thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Strong project management skills, including ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize dynamically according to business objectives
- Exceptional presentation and deck building skills
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments (Accountability)
- Work with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs (Collaboration and Teamwork)
- Consistently achieve results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results (Commitment to Results)
- Be skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished (Process/Project Management)
- Consistently choose the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities (Decision Making)
- Clearly convey thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and ask questions for clarification and understanding (Open Communication)
- Be able to effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects (Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity)
- Relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people (Interpersonal Savvy)
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.