Technical Partner Manager
Hootsuite, Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Technical Partner Manager to accelerate strategic partnerships and foster Hootsuite's goal to grow our customer value proposition through apps and integrations in our open Ecosystem. You’ll be working with customers, external developers, and partners to build solutions that align with our Product vision and help scale our business faster than we could on our own. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Director, Ecosystem.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build authentic and transparent relationships with developers, strategic partners, and systems integrators and provide technical support to them to ensure our mutual success.
- Share your expertise on Hootsuite’s APIs, SDKs, and Developer Portal with third party developers and strategic partners to create quality apps and integrations that extend our products’ core value.
- Manage ideation, scoping, and development of technical integrations through the full software development lifecycle, and working with partners on post go live support to ensure quality and timeliness of delivery and sustainment.
- Lead efforts with cross-functional stakeholder teams to successfully implement integrated solutions, tools or apps for Hootsuite customers.
- Analyze market trends for opportunities to create new apps and integrations that allow Hootsuite to access new customers or retain existing customers.
- Represent Hootsuite by evangelizing with the developer and partner community to understand their business goals and to identify opportunities for them within our ecosystem.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects, even in the face of uncertainty
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. Comfortable operating autonomously, proactively identifying and finding solutions to problems and opportunities
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience including Technology Consulting
- Experienced Developer, Technical Product / Program Manager, or Solution Engineer, comfortable reading and writing technical documentation and experience writing code
- Having worked with the Agile product development methodology across the full software development lifecycle, ideally in a customer, client or partner facing capacity
- Experience building on, or managing others to build on, APIs and SDKs
- Experience implementing modern web applications, general web technology (CSS, HTML/HTML5, JS, JQuery and PHP) trends and best practises, microservices, and distributed application architecture on customer projects
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills
- Analytical with strong skills in quantifying results
- Understand a wide breadth of products in order to identify unique opportunities to drive innovation with partners
- Explain complex technical issues or matters to non-technical counterparts when necessary
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Tech Jobs For You
Staff Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Okta, Bellevue, WA; San Francisco, CA; Austin, TX; US Remote