Senior Technical Recruiter
Hootsuite, Vancouver, BC. Toronto, ON.
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to help deliver recruiting initiatives tied to the growth of our global CTO teams. You’ll be working with the recruiting team and hiring managers to build and execute sourcing strategies to activate high-quality diverse candidate pools. You will work to ensure you drive a quality selection process in accordance with the global recruiting operations framework to deliver quality hires to the business in an effective manner. While based in Hootsuite’s remote office, you will report to the Manager, Talent Acquisition.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead intake meetings to fully understand the role requirements and core competencies, how those fit with business objectives and design comprehensive job description, job posting, and interview kits to support the selection process.
- Build candidate pools via initiatives tied to sourcing, employer brand, referrals, agency partners, networking, and any other channels suitable for driving high-quality diverse candidates.
- Effectively manage the inbound flow of internal and external candidate applications including referrals in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- Evaluate candidates based on values and competency framework, and run a comprehensive end-to-end selection process including a facilitated debrief and support hiring manager (typically VP and below) with the decision making process.
- Mentor and support your fellow team members
- Ensure high-quality candidate and customer (internal stakeholder) experience by providing transparency and progress updates on a regular cadence.
- Ensure compliance with all hiring policies, practices, and company values across all regional locations as per SOC2 and other internal/external requirements.
- Collaborate with other TA team members on the design, implementation and delivery of TA specific projects and initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Proven recruitment experience hiring for technical functions.
- Comprehensive in-house recruiting experience with a strong understanding of how to navigate within an organization to successfully make quality hires without negatively impacting other stakeholder groups.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Self Development: is personally committed to, and actively works to continuously improve
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.