Senior Software Developer, Developer Productivity
Hootsuite, Bucharest, Romania, Iasi, Romania, Timisoara, Romania, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, Sibiu, Romania
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer who can design, build, test, and ship high quality software that delivers value to our customers. You’ll be a technical leader on a small and agile team that continuously incorporates feedback to refine and improve the products and features you deliver. Your team will own the entire delivery lifecycle from beta releases to production ready, scalable products suitable for new and existing customers. While based in Hootsuite’s Bucharest office (post COVID19) or remotely across Romania (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to Manager, Software Development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide technical leadership within a cross-functional team (including designers, product managers, architects and other developers) to deliver compelling products and services to our customers
- Design, write, test, review, and deploy high quality scalable code, and guide others to do the same
- Help shape our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products
- Drive improvements to our standards of security, reliability, performance, and quality
- Provide mentorship and support to other developers, helping to grow the team, better our processes, and positively contribute to the wider community
- Participate in technical hiring interviews with an aim of attracting and hiring the best developers
- Run code reviews, and apply software development best practices
- Enhance Hootsuite’s culture and environment, striving to build a better way through improved tooling, streamlining processes, and working across product boundaries
- Work with the following technologies: Kubernetes, Python, Golang, Typescript, Docker, Brigade, MySQL, Mongo, Django, GRPC, ElasticSearch, Kafka
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and ample experience in designing, developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- You are proficient in at least one programming language, ideally Python, Golang, Typescript or Java/Scala and working with containers (Docker/Kubernetes) and have a desire to learn other languages.
- You have extensive software design experience: you think in terms of architecture; you know how to identify and explain pros and cons of a technical solution and how it might fit your project; you deliver reliable software through the principles of observability.
- You have worked on challenging large-scale projects, taking full ownership of at least a subset of their functionalities, enabling communication with stakeholders, and being the point of contact for developers; experience on SaaS software development is considered an asset.
- You foster best practices in everything you do: writing thoroughly-tested code, performing accurate and constructive code reviews, coaching peers. Having been a speaker at technical conferences is a plus.
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
File hosting service