Lead, Escalation & Supportability
Hootsuite, Vancouver, Toronto
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Lead, Escalation & Supportability, to help us build and lead a high-performance team that solves challenging and complex technical troubleshooting problems. You will support the Manager, Escalation & Supportability to hire, grow, coach, and lead a team of specialists to manage the communication and escalation of customer reported issues between Product, Development and Technology (PDT) teams, and various internal and external stakeholders globally, and help improve the supportability of our products. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver or Toronto office (post COVID-19) or remotely across Canada (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to Manager, Escalation and Supportability.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build, support and lead a high performance, cohesive team of specialists, in close partnership with the Manager, Escalation & Supportability
- Facilitate ongoing development conversations with your team to support their learning and career growth
- Proactively share information, actively solicit feedback, and facilitate communication, within teams and with global stakeholders
- Participate in the hiring process, with an aim of attracting and hiring the best specialists
- Assess and prioritize the team's work, appropriately delegating to others and encouraging team ownership.
- Achieve excellence by holding self and team accountable for high standards of scalability, performance, quality and timeliness in all delivered projects and escalations handled, both at an individual and team level
- Follow best practices in developing and operationalizing departmental processes, in consultation with the Manager.
- Establish and implement systems and procedures to ensure team knowledge remains current and relevant at all times.
- Effectively synthesize data from various sources in order to help shape our product roadmap with supportability initiatives
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Ample experience in support escalation with a demonstrated increase in responsibility
- Hands-on experience with complex technical troubleshooting web services and SaaS systems
- An understanding of SaaS software development and product management practice
- Hands-on experience mentoring and coaching others
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Supply Chain & Operations, Sourcing & Procurement Strategy Sr ...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA