Community Manager (12-Month Contract)
Hootsuite, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Social Engagement Specialist (12-month contract) to help us build, support and execute Hootsuite’s engagement strategy across our brand channels. You’ll be working closely with other teams on how to effectively engage on social media on behalf of the company, ranging from events to webinars, in addition to daily engagement with a variety of online audiences. While based in Hootsuite’s Toronto or Vancouver office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to Senior Manager, Social Marketing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Engage daily with Hootsuite’s audiences across its various social media channels to support the growth and maintenance of Hootsuite’s social media channels
- Work within a dynamic team, participating in larger campaigns and executing on required social media tactics to drive campaign, webinar and event goals
- Build, support and/or execute engagement strategies across multiple teams, including but not limited to customer support, sales, events, corporate communications, the people team, and more
- Create strategies for each social channel based on industry knowledge and analytical evidence, while sourcing new engagement opportunities that will help drive our engagement KPIs, including but not limited to targeting and engaging with the industry’s top Twitter chats, community groups, influencers, etc.
- Report to the marketing organization based on the insights you discover from social listening
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Excellent copywriting skills with the ability to adapt to a brand’s voice while staying mindful of your audience
- Ample years experience of engaging with large audiences in a timely fashion, without spelling mistakes or straying off-brand
- Ample years experience of using native social network analytics and analytics platforms like Hootsuite Impact, Brandwatch or Talkwalker, and Google Analytics to deliver regular reports about the growth of channels and engagement
- Be the best possible user of Hootsuite, and use this knowledge to make marketing recommendations and provide product feedback to internal teams based on your experience within the team
- Effectively communicating information and ideas in written and verbal format (internally and externally)
- Ability to stay up-to-date with changes to social media platforms, learn on the job, and build process along the way
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one