Senior Software Developer, DevOps
Hootsuite, Vancouver, BC, Ottawa, ON, Toronto, ON, Calgary, AB
We are more than a social media company
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for continuous delivery and developer tooling to join our Build, Test & Deploy team. The BTD team maintains our CI, CD and test frameworks/tooling. Our mission is to make it as quick and easy as possible for developers to validate and deliver changes to our customers. It’s a big domain, and we’re doing some exciting work re-envisioning the way that developers interact with secrets, feature flags, deployments and automated tests, using tools and practices like GitOps and Chaos Engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and build software - tools, libraries, automation, services, and glue scripts
- Responsible for the reliability, security, and integrity of our large, cloud-based Linux infrastructure
- Participate in a flexible on-call rotation
- Lead by owning project milestones, epics or features
- Practice continuous improvement, contributing to culture, process, and direction in your team and across our department
- Develop processes and automation to eliminate repetitive tasks
- Design and build our infrastructure platform
- Identify and implement new platform features
- Research and evaluate new technologies
- Refactor, rewrite or retire existing platform features
- Operate our developer experience and production application environments
- Diagnose and repair our distributed systems
- Perform maintenance, upgrades, and migrations
- Control or eliminate repetitive tasks, alert noise, and business-as-usual work
- Enable development teams
- Provide executable interfaces to our infrastructure platform
- Provide tools and best practices to support the entire software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with others across the organization to solve problems and build better processes, systems, and software
- Communicate by mentoring, writing documentation, participating in meetings, and sharing your work at demos
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and extensive experience in an SRE, SDET or software engineering role and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale and an understanding of SaaS software development practice; Ideally you have experience working on a SaaS product
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code tools to build and run cloud infrastructure
- Experience with operating, building and maintaining cloud infrastructure including troubleshooting system-level issues, networking (L3-L7) and basic monitoring is preferred
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seek new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About us Hootsuite is the most widely used social media management platform. We have 15+ million customers and are recognized as a leader in social media management by Forrester, one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Our battle-tested technology, extensive ecosystem, and social DNA help organizations create human connections at scale.
Want to learn more about Hootsuite? Visit Hootsuite's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.