Staff Software Dev Eng in Test - Partner Certification
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Powering the Future of Data
Cloudera Quality Engineering Team is looking for an exceptionally talented staff software engineer, to deliver continuous improvement of hadoop ecosystem and the other products that we provide to our customers. you will work closely with all internal teams and HDP partners to jointly solve complex problems in quality and development.
You will do this through your deep understanding of automation tools, Hadoop ecosystem, test methodologies for distributed software, enterprise data-warehousing systems, and customer focus. You will automate tests for user stories in real-world scenarios with a good understanding of inter-product and enterprise data-warehouse systems.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in quality and development.
- 8-13 years’ experience test development, automation tools development
- Design and build an advanced automated testing framework, tools, and automated test suites, in Java & Linux (TestNG/JUnit)
- Strong knowledge of Java and Python programming languages
- Good knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystems, SQL database usage, Hadoop Integration, Partner Integration, Operational environment, and build internal and operational tools.
- Proficiency in backend testing and experience in build, enhance and maintain automation frameworks built in Large-Scale Distributed Systems
- Good knowledge of test methodologies, creating test cases and test plans.
- Define the optimum suites for sanity, regression, system, deployment verification etc., and advanced aspects of system testing automation.
- BE/MS/Mtech in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge in Java and Python programming languages
- Strong experience on Unix platform and scripting/coding in Shell, Perl, Python
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and applications
- Experience with SQL, Spark and BI/OLAP tools (Atscale, Druid, Tableau, Microstrategy, Cognos, Netezza)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and applications is an added advantage.
At Cloudera, we believe that data can make what is impossible today, possible tomorrow. We empower people to transform complex data into clear and actionable insights. Cloudera delivers an enterprise data cloud for any data, anywhere, from the Edge to AI. Powered by the relentless innovation of the open source community, Cloudera advances digital transformation for the world’s largest enterprises. Learn more at cloudera.com.
"Please bear with us as we consolidate job openings after the merger. To view legacy Cloudera jobs, click here https://www.cloudera.com/careers/careers-listing.html"
For information on Cloudera's Privacy and Data Policy, click here. If you have any questions about the policy please contact us at [email protected].
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance with applying for a position, please email our office at [email protected].
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.