Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test - Cloud
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Powering the Future of Data
QE and Dev, is way work is done!
Hortonworks Quality Engineering Team is looking for an exceptionally talented software engineer, to deliver continuous improvement of hadoop ecosystem and the other products that we provide to our customers. You will automate tests for user stories in real-world scenarios with a good understanding of inter-product and inter-component features.
You will do this through your deep understanding of automation tools, hadoop ecosystem, test methodologies for distributed software, and customer focus.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in quality and development.
- Design and build advanced automated testing framework, tools, and automated test suites, in Python (pytest), Java (TestNG/JUnit)
- Interact with customers to understand the end user scenarios and automate their workflows
- Automate tests for user stories, cross-cutting real-world scenarios, inter-product and inter-component features
- Working familiarity with DevOps Automation, ansible, docker & monitoring solutions etc. and always on the lookout for new, better tools.
- Debugging, and deploying software for highly scaled cluster applications, involving thousands of servers, or enterprise applications involving large data centers.
- Strong knowledge in Java and Python programming languages
- Build, enhance and maintain automation frameworks for scalability, stability, and performance.
- Define the optimum suites for sanity, regression, smoke, deployment verification etc. and advanced aspects of system testing automation.
- BE/MS/Mtech in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience test development, automation tools development, and/or data center administration.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and applications
- Experience with SQL, Spark and BI/OLAP tools (Atscale, HIVE, Druid, Tableau, Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Experience Streaming Analytics using Kafka and Storm.
- Experience building ETL pipelines and solving real-world scenarios using Hadoop stack.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and applications is an added advantage.
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Frontend React / Fullstack Software Engineer