Staff Software Engineer - Release Engineering
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Powering the Future of Data
At Cloudera, Release Engineering team works hard behind the scenes to design, build and maintain the infrastructure-at-scale needed to make this possible.
We are looking for a Build & Release Engineer who is passionate about solving complex and interesting problems with an eye toward scalability so that big deployments can be broken down and distributed across multiple data centers. You will be excited by massively complex systems and the challenges that come from working with largest distributed systems.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Push new releases to production (server-side), Streamline, standardize and automate build and release processes.
- 6 years of software and/or build automation experience, with working closely with test teams to ensure releases are up to organizational standards.
- Experience with scripting languages, particularly Python.
- Working familiarity with GIT, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, etc. And always on the lookout for new, better tools
- Experience building Java or Other applications desirable.
- Obsess about automation daily - work constantly to make human free & manage release branches & build and sanity test release binaries.
- Maintain the build process to support ongoing R&D.
- Programming experience in one of the following; Python or Java
- Expert level System Administration experience with Linux
- Have had at least one of your commercial products ship to millions of users
- Experience working in a geo-distributed team
- Be able to communicate comfortably, at different levels, with different stakeholder groups within Cloudera, and also the wider open source Apache community
- Experience with Google Compute Engine or Microsoft Azure or Amazon EC2
- Experience with Hadoop or related projects
- Experience with various code analysis tools (Black Duck, coverity, etc)
You will have visibility in the prestigious Apache opensource community, and the opportunity to build a public reputation for your contributions.
At Cloudera, we believe that data can make what is impossible today, possible tomorrow. We empower people to transform complex data into clear and actionable insights. Cloudera delivers an enterprise data cloud for any data, anywhere, from the Edge to AI. Powered by the relentless innovation of the open source community, Cloudera advances digital transformation for the world’s largest enterprises. Learn more at cloudera.com.
"Please bear with us as we consolidate job openings after the merger. To view legacy Cloudera jobs, click here https://www.cloudera.com/careers/careers-listing.html"
For information on Cloudera's Privacy and Data Policy, click here. If you have any questions about the policy please contact us at [email protected].
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance with applying for a position, please email our office at [email protected].
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Backend Software Engineer, Mobile Tools
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Associate Data Conversion Engineer
Daxko, Birmingham AL, US
Sr. Performance Engineer
Box, Redwood City Office
Manager, Software Engineering
Revinate, San Francisco, CA
Frontend Developer - e3creative part of Dept
Quantitative Trader, Systematic Trading