As a Sr Premier Support Engineer, you will provide support to our customers for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing Hadoop related issues. You will troubleshoot the Hortonworks Data Platform in multiple types of environments and take ownership of problem isolation and resolution, and bug reporting. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter, be committed to ongoing self-education, possess strong customer service skills and have excellent technical problem solving skills.
- Holistic coordination between the customer and other Hortonworks organizations across the full HDP deployment lifecycle.
- Trusted point of contact for technical customer feedback to product management, engineering and sales.
- Regular briefings on Hortonworks Data Platform releases and roadmap.
- Active coordination across third party support relationships on behalf of the customer.
- Coordinate triage and prioritization of customer questions and enterprise support tickets.
- Quarterly business reviews of support activity and recommendations
- Fast-track escalations, identify trends, and develop action plans to mitigate/avoid issues.
- Root cause analysis reports on any Severity 1 incidents including recommendations to improve proactive management of Hadoop deployments
- On-site support during critical phases of Hadoop deployments, such as initial production rollout, to troubleshoot issues and minimize downtime (up to 10 on-site days per year)
- Remote planning assistance for critical milestones including upgrade planning and for making the best use of new product capabilities.
- Maintain customer dashboard with relevant product and support metrics
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Open Source experience is a key requirement
- 5 years of technical support experience
- 2 years of enterprise account management
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects and processes
- Ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams
- Professional oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience with supporting Java applications running on Linux or Windows
- Ability to quickly learn and pick up new technical concepts
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.) and ability to troubleshoot complex networking issues in a Linux or Windows environment
- Experience with database or in a big data platform/company a plus
- Hadoop knowledge and skills are must
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
File hosting service