Primary Customer Responsibilities
- Sustaining critical components in HDP.
- Analyze complex customer reported issues that require strong analytical and technical skills.
- Debug system level deployment issues, root cause analysis, and resolve failures.
- Fast-track escalations, identify trends, and develop action plans to mitigate/avoid issues.
- Root cause analysis reports on any Severity 1 incidents including recommendations to improve proactive management of Hadoop deployments
- Resolve issues that may require producing enterprise-ready patches or hotfixes.
- Troubleshoot performance, scalability bottlenecks and suggest solutions
- Work with support/QA/Engineering teams through the entire lifecycle of product/patch releases
- Assist in developing support tools for business integration and for monitoring purpose
- Performance testing, stress testing, and advanced aspects of system testing automation.
- Trusted point of contact for technical customer feedback to product management, engineering and sales.
- Regular briefings on Hortonworks Data Platform releases and roadmap.
- Responsible for running periodic postmortem on supportability and product quality issues with respective Product Management and Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Hands on performance tuning and operational efficiency by contributing to Hortonworks SmartSense rules.
- 7+ years of experience building and/or managing Enterprise-Class software systems with focus on Open Source technologies.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Highly proficient in Java and related J2EE technologies.
- Solid understanding and deep technical knowledge of Apache Hadoop components across the stack.
- Expertise in at least one commercial distribution of Hadoop is preferred.
- Experience working on Apache Hadoop open source components HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Hive, Oozie, Spark and Zeppelin.
- Systematic problem solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
- Experience in Distributed & large scale systems is preferred.
- Development experience in Linux environments.
- Strong knowledge of state of the art quality engineering and test automation tools and processes, including JUnit, Jenkins, Maven and GitHub, or comparable technologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams.
- Grace under pressure - must be able to deal with difficult and complex production issues.
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.