Hortonworks is looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Hungarian organization. The opportunity is to lead and manage a smart team working on cutting edge features especially Apache Ambari.
The Ambari project is aimed at making Hadoop management simpler by developing software for provisioning, managing, and monitoring Apache Hadoop clusters. Ambari provides an intuitive, easy-to-use Hadoop management web UI backed by its RESTful APIs.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science
- Must have led small to medium sized teams technically
- Experience with large-scale, distributed systems design and development with strong understanding of scaling and performance
- Good programming skills. Clean coding habits, attention to detail, and focus on quality
- Strong grasp of scalable web back-end, streaming, full stack development, good experience in handling production and performance issues and all genres of platforms technologies
- Knowledge or experience with Apache Hadoop, Apache HDFS, Spark and the rest of the Hadoop ecosystem is a big plus
- Hands on programmer with strong data-structures and algorithms, Java experience desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a go-getter!
- Experience using/developing projects in Apache Hadoop ecosystem such as Spark, Yarn etc. is a big plus.
- Experience as Open Source contributor desirable (include pointers to those please)
- Recognized contributions to open source projects outside of work
- Have managed in the past
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit https://hortonworks.com/
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Production Management (Supply Chain)
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Chariot Driver - Commuter/Enterprise (Full Time)
Chariot Transit, New York
CPG Associate Manager - Online Grocery
Blue Bottle Coffee, Oakland
Chef Assistant Night Shift
Green Chef, Aurora, Colorado