Hortonworks Security Package (HCP) provides a scalable advanced security analytics framework built around the Apache Metron open source project. We are looking for a UI development lead to manage a team of UI developers delivering a next-generation security visualization UI. We are looking for someone who is technical, with an extensive background in UI development, as well as team management experience, and understanding of the agile process and fundamentals.
- Manage a team of UI developers
- Make sure UI increments are delivered on schedule
- Collaborate with product management to understand and prioritize features
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- HTML5, CSS3, Angular.io, Bootstrap, Jquery, Node, D3, CSS
- Proficient understanding of web Markup
- Strong software engineering skills: modular design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with nosql databases and Lucene-based indexes (Elasticsearch, Solr)
- Rapid prototyping and understanding of design best practices
- Experience with Hadoop and big data technologies is a plus
- Domain experience in security operations is a plus
- Proficient with unit and end-to-end testing tools and frameworks including Jasmine, Protractor, and Selenium
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Experience (or demonstrated interest) in distributed computing or high availability systems is a plus.
Education and Experience
- 10-12 years of experience as a UI designer
- S. in Computer Science is preferred
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Payment Operations Manager
Luno, Cape Town
IT & Systems Internship
Formlabs, Berlin, DE
Global Supply Operations Associate
Country Manager - Indonesia
Optometrist (Part-Time), Woodward Ave.
Warby Parker, Detroit, MI
Internship Incoming (Spanish)
Ventura TRAVEL, viventura - Cuzco