Hortonworks is looking for exceptional Software Engineers to own and deliver HDF (NiFi, Kafka, Storm) maintenance releases. Exciting opportunity to gain experience working with systems in and around Hadoop, understand big data use cases at world’s largest deployments of Hadoop, participate and contribute in vibrant Apache Software Foundation community. You would contribute to Apache projects with the opportunity to become a committer in those communities.
- Drive HDF maintenance releases (perform system test analysis, deliver backports and develop new patches).
- Debug system level deployment issues, the root cause analysis, and resolve failures.
- Work with Java / Scala on the different components and with Python on our test framework and tools.
- Gain a solid understanding and deep technical knowledge of Hadoop components across the stack, which you can utilize in your daily tasks.
- Work on improving the internal infrastructure.
- Relevant studies / BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 4-5 years of experience or more ideally in Java development for the enterprise.
- Good understanding of messaging systems like ActiveMQ, Kafka, JMS and enterprise integration patterns.
- Strong knowledge in at least 1 of the following languages: Java / Python / Scala / C++ / C#.
- Development experience in Linux environments.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience (or demonstrated interest) in distributed computing or high availability systems is a plus.
- Big Data / NoSQL / distributed database experience is a plus.
- Previous open source contribution is a plus.
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi, and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training, and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager (KL)
Piktochart, Kuala Lumpur
Data Research Support Agent-Student Position
SimilarWeb, Tel Aviv
Senior Programmer, Security Engineering
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Director of Analytics
Invoice2go, Redwood City
Executive Assistant, Science
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto
Digital Marketing Intern (Accounts)
Blue State Digital, NYC