Hortonworks is seeking experienced Sr. Consultants with a Secret or Top Secret Clearance to join our growing Public Sector Professional Services implementation team. This key role has two major responsibilities: first to work directly with our customers and partners to optimize their plans and objectives for designing and deploying Apache Hadoop environments, and, secondly, to assist in building or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence our product.
Sr. Consultants will facilitate the communication flow between Hortonworks teams and the customer. For these strategically important roles, we are seeking outstanding talent to join our team.
- Participate in the pre- and post- sales process, helping both the sales and product teams to interpret customers’ requirements
- Work directly with prospective customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Work closely with Hortonworks’ teams at all levels to ensure rapid response to customer questions and project blockers
- Help develop reference Hadoop a architectures and configurations
- Drive POCs with customers to successful completion
- Write and produce technical documentation, knowledge base articles
- Attend speaking engagements when needed
- Travel up to 75%
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance is Required
- More than three years of Professional Services (customer facing) experience architecting large scale storage, data center and /or globally distributed solutions 2+ years designing and deploying 3 tier architectures or large-scale Hadoop solutions
- Ability to understand and translate customer requirements into technical requirements
- Strong experience implementing software and/or solutions in the enterprise Linux or Unix environment
- Ability to compile and install Linux applications from source, the Linux kernel and kernel modules
- Experience with integrating various solutions such as LDAP, or system / installation management tools into the overall solution
- Strong understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations
- Python, Perl, or other scripting language required
- Familiarity with the Java ecosystem and enterprise offerings, including debugging and profiling tools (jconsole), logging and monitoring tools (log4j, JMX), and security offerings (Kerberos/SPNEGO).
- Significant previous work writing to network-based APIs, preferably REST/JSON or XML/SOAP
- Solid background in Database administration or design - Oracle RAC a plus Excellent verbal and written communications Experience in architecting data center solutions – properly selecting server and storage hardware based on performance, availability and ROI requirements
- Demonstrable experience using R and the algorithms provided by Mahout
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
Nice, but not required experience:
- Experience working with Apache Hadoop including: Knowledge on how to create and debug Hadoop jobs
- Ability to understand big data use-cases, and recommend standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments.
- Knowledge of the data management eco-system including: Concepts of data warehousing, ETL, data integration, etc.
- DC / MD / VA Residence is Preferred
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.
ABOUT HORTONWORKS (NASDAQ – HDP)
Having gone public with its IPO in December 2014, Hortonworks is experiencing extraordinary growth as we deliver essential support to the burgeoning big data and IoT communities. Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with our 2,100+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
For more information, visit www.hortonworks.com.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and it's subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability. Hortonworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations. <span<stronghttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Hortonworks is a leading innovator in the industry, creating, distributing and supporting enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications. Our mission is to manage the world’s data. We have a single-minded focus on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark. We along with our 1600+ partners provide the expertise, training and services that allow our customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business. Our connected data platforms powers modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. We are Powering the Future of Data™.
Want to learn more about Hortonworks? Visit Hortonworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
AKQA, New York
Finance Systems Administrator
Specialized, Morgan Hill, CA
Pocket Gems, San Francisco, CA
Coordinator, Global Labor Relations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Financial Accountant (IFRS,LBA) (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office
Risk Manager (m/f) | Moscow